Analogue & Retrousb FPGA Consoles OT

What was the problem with Castlevania 3?

This shows you basically what happened. Castlevania 3 wouldnā€™t do shit on the NT & it worked on my NES first try. So I showed how to work around it and sent it to Kevtris.

1 Like

Oh I remember this. This was on the original NT, right?

Yeah. Analogue asked me to take the video down. I said, I didnā€™t feel right taking it down but I updated the video with the info about patching it. I didnā€™t think it hurt his reputation too much. I felt actually, the update made the product better.

He said in his Polygon interview that theyā€™ve ā€œmanaged to fix all bugs through firmware updates on the super NTā€ so I imagine there will be a few, like cv3, that slip through the cracks.

MLiG said their video will be live at 11am EST, is that the time everyone else will also be putting them up?

Iā€™ve heard similar elsewhere on twitter, and the timing seems right.

Iā€™m wondering what time shipping emails will go outā€¦! Still hopeful Iā€™ll get this in the UK on Friday like how my NT Mini took two days!

I find the resetera thread quite comical. I guess Iā€™m the only one who doesnā€™t know what kevtris is/is not doing next, or what he wants to do next, or what he ate for breakfast.

Iā€™m looking forward to reviews tomorrow! Iā€™ll be traveling most of the day so it will be a nice way to relax when Iā€™m done.

Booyah!

That soon? You live near their shipping location?!

I live in Los Angeles. Everything ships here fast. :confused:

I havenā€™t gotten any indication mine shipped yet. Anyone else still waiting?

Itā€™s only just 6am in Nevada, so Iā€™d expect nothing for at least another hour.

True. Was just going by Kawikaā€™s post above. No worries. Iā€™ll relax and enjoy the snow and ice. :slight_smile:

Heh yeah! Itā€™ll happen soon enough!

Under two hours left until embargo end!

Metal Jesus put his ā€œreviewā€ up.

Let me summarize like I did on RE.

MJR: ā€œThere are a bunch of settings but Iā€™m not gonna show or explain any of them, instead Iā€™m just gonna play games to show it works.ā€

Clear console looks good!

Sounds like a MJR video. Does it play any hidden gems like SMW or ALTTP??

2 Likes

I like MJR, but dude it cracks me up when they recommend a game. You should totally play this game (Reggie adds, yeah Iā€™ve played 3 levels and I canā€™t wait to play more).

I felt I learned nothing from it. He did point out that bennvenn had a chip that I didnā€™t know existed last week so that has me pumped to finish my gba mod.

I love it. Watch a top 10 video and he will say ā€œyeah I just played it for a few minutes before we recorded this and it seems really funā€

HOW CAN IT BE IN YOUR TOP 10?

Edit: looks like cinnemassacre also broke embargo. I canā€™t watch the video but here it is.

1 Like