Let's talk Game Storage.

Look at this sexy shiz. Looking good!

1 Like

I think it looks great. You’ll get used to it

1 Like

Definitely. Once I get my new couch in a month or so, it will feel more like part of the space too. They’ll pair well together.

Part of it is fear of commitment which apparently extends to more than just my dating life. It’s the first major wall fixture I’ve ever purchased. I’m feeling super in a domestic relationship right now with these shelves and I barely know them.

Edit: I’m used to it now. I only needed a few hours. Now it feels like it’s always been here.

I think it looks slick as is. What about investing in some universal game cases for your loose carts?

That’s something I never really considered but I’ll give it some thought now that everything is on display.

I would do that just for the dust and uv protection alone. I was looking at clear plastic cases that people buy for their CIB games. I thought it would be interesting to shrink Famicom box art to slide into the cart protective plastic. That adds protection with out bulk. But UV will still damage over time.

Edit the company that makes those plastic shells for CIB boxes also makes them for any loose cart you can think of.

1 Like

Looking slick!

1 Like

They’re fantastic shelves. I can’t put anything like that on the wall in my games room. The whole wall would fall down :frowning:

1 Like

Looks slick, @Peltz. Beautiful display, man. :+1:

1 Like

Damn that looks nice. The only problem I can see is the future when you get more games than can fit on it. I know it’s what I ran into with the shelves I made for myself. Made them so much bigger then my collection at the time but now I’ve had to move and remove entire system’s of games from my display. Time marches on.

1 Like

The answer will be more shelves if it ever comes to that. But it will take years. Right now, there is still a ton of free space on these things, especially if I move the coffee table books.

Fortunately, I have a few other walls that could easily support more of these while still looking good. So I’ve got options.

@Peltz looks fantastic! Even the loose carts look nice and neat! I’m mailing off a super everdrive today that you can add to the shelf!

I’ve always had my collection on display. Its a great conversation piece with friends.

1 Like

Good. Always plan from expandability, especially with built ins. Advice I wish I followed. ( ._,)

1 Like

Peltz. Seems obvious, but instead of the over sized game cases. Why not flip the snes carts on the side to show the labels? I have about 40 loose N64 games that I ordered cases for and when laid out. It took up almost 2 full shelves. That’s way too much money and working printing out the covers. So I just ordered end labels for the carts. Takes up only 1 shelf

1 Like

I had the snes carts like that before. I’ll try that again. I’m still playing with everything to see how to organize stuff best.

For N64 carts, I may just use a label maker which I have somewhere.

But I really don’t mind the way they look now even though you need to move them to see what is what.

I showed my wife your shelving. The are-you-fucking-kidding-me-look stopped me in my tracks. Going to think of another solution. I’m going to have to build something out of wood if I’m going to display anything.

Might be easier to just get a new wife

If you’re going the wood route instead of the new wife route, just use Ikea. Their stuff goes flush to the wall and they have “media depth” you can buy that will look fantastic for games of all eras.

1 Like

Not a fan of the modern metal/white look?

It’s def not for everyone. Wood can look amazing too. What style are you going for?

I’ll note that the shelves are pretty divisive among women. So far, some hate them and others love them with nothing in between.

One girl called them “ghetto,” and another girl said “those are the sexiest shelves I’ve ever seen.”

I love them now that I’ve had them for a few days. They really add a lot more to the space than I thought they would aesthetically.

The shelves look great @Peltz!

Minor suggestion though: consider putting a small plant (like a terrarium or a cactus or something similarly low-maintence and not messy) on the shelf, along with maybe some framed art or a photo to break it up a bit…

I think it would elevate the look from “THIS IS MY GAMING COLLECTION” to a more casual “this is also where I store my gaming collection.”