Post your Retro Setup in Here

A couple using all 3 screens at once!

1 Like

So lazy. No wonder he’s fat.

1 Like

It’s refreshing to see a basement that isn’t so dark. One day I hope to get there but I need to replace the fluorescent lighting with LEDs.

I originally wanted to paint or drywall over the wood, but it adds some life and richness to the space which I really appreciate it. When it’s movie time though we get it pitch black in there :stuck_out_tongue:

I missed you RGB.
Finally back after the move, and still living in a minecraft-like flat… Boxes, BOXES everywhere. -_-
My studio/gameroom got the short stick, this time, as it’s smaller than the previous one and I had to merge my two favourite media (books and videogames) in one space, instead of two dedicated rooms as I used to do in the past.
Bizarrely, I’m also having alot of fun trying and reorganize my collection - 25 boxes for that alone, lol - in such a compact volume. Pics soon, hopefully! :smile:

3 Likes

updated setup, now featuring Super NT and Mini NT. Limited space where I am now, so it’s the best I can do.

Yeah, the centre speaker isn’t centre. Not worth risking the CRT!!! The mission ones are fully shielded though. I’ve got two more Mission speakers at the back on either side of the sofa as the back surround speakers.

That’s just a stock JP N64, not my RGB modded one - when I get my ultraHDMI board in a few weeks I’ll be installing it into that. And yes, that’s just the flash on the CRT, it’s not really washed out!!

The MVS is one I consolized - 5v input, RGB SCART output.

5 Likes

Not enough n64s rich. Why only three?

Rich, what’s the SNES adapter in the cubby to the left of the NT mini? Looks to me like an SNES to Famicom expansion port adapter.

SNES to Neogeo controller adapter! Works really well and was only a tenner on ebay

link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NINTENDO-SNES-super-NES-super-Famicom-to-neo-geo-and-supergun-adapter-autofire/152574432604?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ha, one is my original RGB modded one, the other is the JP one I got that was cracked in transit (and got a refund on) and the other one is a PAL one I got and swapped the casing with. I’ll sell the extra two when I’ve installed the UltraHDMI in the decent one!

This is my first post here. I always love reading these threads and seeing everyone’s setups. I moved into my house about 15 months ago by myself so I was able to dedicate a room to retro games.

imageimage

Well I guess I don’t live here entirely by myself.

8 Likes

Nice looking setup. Did I see a Super Mario Cereal Box?! Is it any good?

And welcome to the site!

Thank you. That is the Mario cereal. After giving up hope of finding it, my local giant food store had an end display of the cereal for $2.50 each so I bought 2. It was very bad. The smell was good and it reminded me of berry berry kix if you ever had that. The taste, though, reminded me of those puffs food you give little kids that dissolves in their mouth.

The idea behind the wall-shelves (pic #5 and #6) is pretty clever… Did you make them? How’s the stability?

Time to go work off my jelly over all the Saturn and Sega CD games that I have been hunting for ages while watching the prices rise.

Nice setup!! You’ve got some real heavy hitters in your collection!

I’ve got one of these as well!

5 Likes

The idea for the shelves came from YouTube. I searched for cheap gaming shelves. It’s just 2x4s and 1x2s and then I stained them.

They are sturdy enough and have been up for over a year without any problems. However, if I were to do it again I would use something thicker than 1” (I am just overly cautious:wink:).

@Socksfelloff Thank you. My word what a cutie! They could be twins. My first thought when I saw your picture was “I don’t remember taking that picture” haha.

@apathetic ugh tell me about it. I made it my goal to collect the remaining working designs games I didn’t have a couple years ago. I watched popful mail double in price because I saw it go for $150 in an auction and I refused to pay more than that for it. I eventually had to pay more than that for it.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you. ^_-
I’m totally thinking of stealing your idea for my new room/studio too… The main wall is pretty much perfect, now, then I have a window and a walk-in-wardrobe on the other two facing sides (which I can’t really use for display purposes), and then the lame wall I still have to organise. This could be a fun project for the upcoming months, as soon as I have some time.

I know those feels. I started following it when it was around $100 for a perfect copy and my stuborness has cost me big. I still don’t have it. Same with Magic Knight Rayearth. I remember laughing at the thought of spending like $150 for a perfect copy with stickers at a convention years ago. Now look at me. :c

I’ve decided to rework my retro setup and get things (mostly) consolidated into two 36"Wx18"Dx72"T wire shelving units I have on the way. The main reason for this is that I have a number of monitors I’d like to all have available and ready to go for as many systems as possible, and have flexibility in my setup. Last night I doodled a proposed video connection map in Paint to help me when the shelves arrive and I figured I’d show you guys.

I’m sure I’ve made a mistake somewhere but I think this is close to the way I will route video cables. My main hurdle now is finding quality Male>Male cables without breaking the bank, especially S-video and composite which will have very long overall runs, although composite will be out once I get a Saturn component cable.

Edit to add: Besides what is noted in the pic, future plans include replacing 4-input switch with another 6-input to add a PCE and PS1, an RGB card/mod for the 15" JVC, and adding a PC in there to replace the Pi.

1 Like