Retro AV |OT| RGB, CRTs, Upscalers, and more

I skimmed by and didn’t notice the upsample 2x. I need to try this now.

Tried it on Galaxy. Very impressive. Gonna wait for the kids to go to bed before I play with it some more. Is there a way to fix the aspect ratio? 16:9 and 4:3 are the exact same size on my TV in that mode. I was hoping I could adjust it to the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Has anyone tried this mode with psp?

Does your TV have aspect ratio control at 1080?

I could try with PSP but I found the aspect ratio to be off so I need to correct it plus I like to zoom in and those functions only work at 480 on my TV…

It’s a 4K and has considerably less zoom and aspect options than some of my older sets. It hasn’t liked a lot of the output from the ossc. It only works in 5x mode on the snes and 3x-5x on other 16 bit consoles.

Is there a way to push audio out to HDMI from av2? I was directly connecting my Wii cables to the ossc and when I plugged in the stereo cables to the ossc it pushed back to my speakers via the scart cable. Was very weird.

To clarify, my scart cable output from the gsscartsw once connected pulls in audio and pushes it to my stereo speakers that are next to my pvm. Typically, when I connect my scart cable the audio goes out the HDMI to the tv.

If it’s the 1.6 revision the 3.5mm jack for AV2/component input defaults to an analog audio out for the SCART input. There’s a tiny switch on board next to the jack you can you to switch it to AV2 audio in.

More TV photos???

I managed to correct the aspect ratio but it’s still way too small on screen for my liking. Still just about as nice as I’ve ever seen my PSP go’s TV-out look.

Note that I juiced the scanline setting way up since my phone didn’t get a good shot of the way it looked to my eye.

@poptart what tv are you using? My old Samsung while super compatible with the ossc doesn’t look great in 480i/p and my 4K doesn’t zoom 2x in the correct aspect ratio.

Also thanks for the pointer for the ossc audio. My audio keeps clipping with my ossc. It will do it with 480p x2 but not pass through. I have to turn a switch in my gsscartsw for snes to stop clipping.

Oh my…

I’m using a Samsung KU7000. In terms of latency, UI, OS, compatibility as far as I can tell it’s the same as the same as the KS8000 but with not as good HDR lighting setup.

It lets me do 4:3 correction on any resolution but zoom functions are limited to 480p and below.

I had that tv and I took it back for my Sony because at the time it would act funky with my xrgb. Every once in a while there would be something like a lag Spike and my character would just appear half way across the screen to instant death. It had a great scaler and I kind of wish I was able to keep it just for my retro set up. Hopefully, I can get a tv some day that works perfectly with my ossc and has good HDR capabilities.

The input lag on this Sony is noticeably more than the Sammy. I feel like my 800D will end up in the bedroom eventually.

All the PSP talk, does anyone have any PSP 2000/3000 component cables they can recommend? I noticed the official Sony ones, while not Gamecube level, are pricier than I would like to pay. It seems most of the ones on amazon are all the same no name knock off brand cables.

I don’t think there’s a 3DO OT so I’ll add this here, but exciting news Citrus3000psi is working on a 3DO RGB mod that will also do the 240p mod!

Where are you located? A quick search on eBay (Eurozone) gave me multiple results, all around a tenner or so (and they all seem new and Sony-branded).
I bought mine for pretty much the same price a year ago.

I’m in the US, I may just have to bite the bullet and drop the 30 bucks they go for here.

I saw a ton of 3rd party ones on Amazon. They are either the same or terrible who knows.

For those using scanlines with the framemeister, what thickness are you guys using?

I need to try this now! I’m a big fan of Wii + OSSC 480p2x with soft scanlines. It’s near-ish to 480p on a real HD CRT and this new upsample looks like a big improvement!

1 Like

The default sample rate doesn’t make sense to me, it’s fairly low considering the actual amount of pixels on the horizontal axis can vary on PS2/GC/Wii at least. It might make more sense for DC? By way oversampling you get a much more accurate result.

I have an issue with the OSSC 1.6 HDMI (but maybe not. It’s more likely it is my TV not being compatible with the OSSC).

Sometimes I get audio drops. If i put the OSSC in 2x mode in 480p or 4x mode in 480i. I will get audio drops repeatedly.

If I drop 480p and 480i to pass through I get no audio drops. My setup has 2 outputs dsub15 to bnc to my pvm and scart out to my OSSC or Framemeister. I never get audio drops with the framemeister or my pvm i feed the audio from my switch directly to some bose speakers.

I am just wondering if its just tv incompatibility because some resolutions do work but drop image and music on 240p stuff. I wonder if this is just my TV not playing nice with the OSSC. I suppose I can try it on my tv that is more compatible with the ossc (but much smaller and lower resolution).

I’d post this over at VGP forum. Usually, Bucko and/or Marqs get back in touch pretty quick, over there.

Is my login for ordering the same as my forum access? I probably did that at some point. Dives through emails…