RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

You mean PVMs? Sharper/better image I suppose. I dont know the technical specifics but because they were once professional equipment that were used in TV studios and hospitals, they delivered a far better picture than conventional CRT televisions.

1 Like

Most US CRTs also don’t support RGB.

1 Like

They take nearly all formats - composite, s-video, RGBs, and Component. So they’re very versatile.

They’re also industrial grade so they are built to stay on all the time and are very durable compared to consumer sets. They also use reference quality parts that are designed to calibrate movies and tv shows, so the colors really pop better than most consumer sets and everything looks kind of magical.

And finally, you can stack them easily and Tate them well too. Plus, the 14 inch ones are razor sharp and usually have neaely perfect geometry. They make for a really great crt for when you play at a desk.

1 Like

Super Famicom boxes are sexy!

Shwing can you give us more detailed impressions of this?

As Peltz mentioned - a huge aspect is the Inputs. A lot of these professional grade CRTs have RGB inputs. Lots of retro Consoles through RGB tend to be the best picture you can get out of the system.

RGB inputs are absent on most consumer grade CRTs from what I’ve seen

Sure!

I’ve tested the controller on my PC with the use of the Bliss-box and on my Analogue NT Mini. I noticed no perceptible lag in either situation, while with the 8bitdo there was a slight delay. It works flawlessly with all of the features of the Analogue NT Mini; I read that this controller would not register inputs if the adapter was plugged into the console while it was turning on. I can confirm that this is not the case and you can boot the console up with this controller.

The controller uses tact switches instead of the typical membrane seen in other controllers. What this means is it has a distinct click for every input instead of the mushy feel felt in most controllers. I personally like this about the controller, but it may be a problem for people not used to it. I highly recommend this product and it’s well worth the price.

Let me know if there’s anything else you have questions about.

Awesome. Would you say the d-pad is similar to a Vita d-pad. I think I have seen that comparison somewhere.

I’d say that’s a decent comparison; it’s not quite as smooth and it’s a little louder though. It’s like a mix of the NES D-pad and the Vita D-pad.

When you say RGB, you mean scart?

So where you do you buy most of them/how much do they run? I have a tv with component that does 480p so I’ve been pretty happy so far.

Better image quality, more versatile and they accept RGB. Also, you get to be part of the cool kids club and post pictures of your stuff on forums. Impress your friends!

And get all the girls

2 Likes

The only thing I bought recently were a couple of these (please excuse the horrible quality of the picture):

My original sixaxis died so I was looking for a somewhat cheap replacement. I read some decent comments about them so I took a shot. Pretty confortable if you’re used to the 360 layout. The d-pad is a little bit stiff at the moment but that may be because they’re brand new. I need to use them more to loosen them up but so far I played some 3rd Strike and had no issues.

And for the record, they work great with the Raspberry Pi if that’s your thing.

I got one of these for about half of what they usually go for. I need to take it apart and clean it up but it works great. When I got my Duo it came with a brand new AVPad 3, which works perfectly. I just find the dpad a little tiny for me, and I’ve been wanting a 6 button pad for it. Played a bunch of the PC Engine SFII once it came in.

5 Likes

Got the Neo Geo Visual History book

Haven’t… y’know, read any of it yet, but it seems nice as hell — no ragrets.

3 Likes

That’s beautiful. What did it run you? Did you get it from a broker?

It was 30GBP, plus whatever shipping to the US ended up being. Kinda pricey, I guess, but it’s Neo Geo… so it kinda fits.

Also, super nice.

Damn that looks better than I’d pictured.

The BEST controller for the Duo/PCE, no doubt.

That book looks great!