Secret of Mana - Remake Thread (PS4, PSVITA, & PC)

How incompetent is SE that they can’t get a remake of a simple, charming game like Secret of Mana right? Jason Schreier had some scathingly bad impressions of it on the latest Kotaku Splitscreen podcast episode.

Final Fantasy VII remake isn’t a thing that I think will be good. At least that is what I tell myself so I won’t be disappointed.

Well at least it probably won’t be until PS5 before anyone can be disappointed by FF7 Remake.

I was excited until I heard they got rid of the timing/turned based combat

1 Like

Honestly, same here. I lost interest after that point.

I expected to find something to hate later on not something during the development that made me lose interest

Hearing that FF7 was pulled from its current developer and given to an internal team lets you know the game was in trouble. I’ll be surprised if it ever sees the light of day.

I’m okay with this. Honestly, I just wanted the PS3 demo for ff7 when I saw the other junk and when Barret became skinny-buff I just shook my head.

@Dark1x released a new video about the remake

Just watched. It honestly doesn’t look super terrible to me, and I like the fact that Pro users get Native 4k/60fps.

No matter what, you need to pay for the translation of the game, and it not like they have a work pipeline in place to translate old roms even though fans have done it for years. So it actually requires more development and is more cost prohibitive than you’d think.

More than building a new game and rewriting the old translation? The amount of text in Mana 3 isn’t that big.

So this game has been growing on me. I would say this is the definite version for new folks. Why?

-8 way run removes a lot of the jank from the original.
-I enjoy the VA. It’s not top of the line VA, but it adds character to the game.
-The new Inn sequences fill out the big issues with the original–lack of characterization.

I do wish they put some money into it. It screams budget title. I few more asset passes and this would’ve shined. And the font choices are atrocious. SE needs better type designers. It shows lack of polish.

I still do hope we get the Switch collection to the US.

Hope is a mistake. Yet it springs eternal.