Video Game Music |OT| - Not just Robot Farts and 5-Second Loops!

Some new vinyl releases coming this winter:

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 from Brave Wave, both 2xLP sets with booklets featuring character art, interviews with Sonic Team, and new liner notes from our very own @Dark1x (John from Digital Foundry).

Portal from Mondo, with a really cool gatefold which opens two ways, and an exlusive variant for their MondoCon.

My wallet am cry.

Where do I get those farts?

New video from the amazing Game Hut channel about how they accomplished multi-channel samples in Toy Story for the Sega Genesis. I got about halfway trough the explanation before I was lost, but it’s super cool how it was accomplished.

This channel on Youtube has a lot of good OST’s ripped from NES/FAM games

I love Shadow of the Ninja. I really want to replace this game.

Also I didn’t know there was a FDS version of Mario.

The first track is in Mario Maker too IIRC.

Also a lot of people hate Zelda II but I love it. I never heard the complete FDS version of this game.

Dang, I think I need to get a FDS now. @Socksfelloff did you mention to me that there was a FDS usb adapter at some point? I think i just need to get the FDS attach that thing to it somehow?

Most of you have probably seen it, but if not, this will eat an entire afternoon or evening and it’s worth every second of your time…

Diggin’ in the Carts

I’ve probably watched it 100 times now because it resonates so much with my lifetime of gaming and music and how it totally touches me when these tunes come on. Hearing from the composers and how they arrived at some of these gems is something I’m indebted to the creators of this series for forever. These people are heroes.

Whenever someone can’t understand why I’m listening to VGM or why I’m streaming from http://www.radiosega.net all day, I point them at this series. Awesome.

1 Like

you’re looking for the FDSstick

1 Like

Robocop 3 of the NES is such a great sound track. That title track <3

I see you watched the recent AVGN episode too :wink:

This is on my playlist for the treadmill today. Also on the playlist is the amazing Ai Senshi Nicole for the Famicom Disk System, as I mentioned it in the Metroid FDS vs NES thread and now have a craving to listen to it.

Yup! I’ve heard the title track many times over the years but never knew where it was from!

Check out the C64 version of Robocop 3, too.

Ship to Shore Phono Co has preorders for Kid Dracula (Famicom) and Rocket Knight Adventures available now on their website!

Shipping is horible for those outside the US, but I preordered both. Expected to ship in December.

Thanks for the recommendation. My mornings have been pretty awesome since putting this podcast on.

1 Like

Cool! Glad I could pass it on. I’m still listening to it, on episode 172 right now and plan on starting over once I catch up completely.

1 Like

Shit! I was just telling @BTails I needed to slow down on the vinyl but I have to buy this!

1 Like

I thankfully have not felt the need for the SoR games… Yet… However this looks amazing:

Nice. I’m glad there is a thread here.

Why the hell didn’t someone tell me that Super Adventure Island has awesome music?! I played this game a lot when I first got it but I don’t remember hearing this song! Where in the game is it from?

I also didn’t know that Yuzo Koshiro made the soundtrack. Well that explains why it’s awesome I guess.

1 Like

Listened to some of my VGM records today. Forgot how hard Lagrange Point’s OST can kick. I really have to play this game sometime.