RGB High Score Battle! - Week 3: Dragon Spirit (Arcade)

Good day everyone! Welcome to the official thread for the RGB High Score Battles!

1. Competitions last one week, close on Sunday night @ midnight.
  2. Post screenshots in this thread as proof.
  3. The winner from the previous week chooses the next game to play.
  4. You cannot choose twice in a row. 2nd place will choose if someone wins two weeks in a row.
  5. If there’s a tie, the person that submitted the high score first gets to choose.
  6. Games must be high score compatible (think “arcade style scores” like Pac-Man, or Spy Hunter, not Super Mario).
  7. Emulation is okay (MaME is often the best for high scores).
  8. No save state manipulation (pausing to take a break is fine though).
  9. Submit scores as soon as you get them! To keep the competition rolling and fair, do not hold on until the last moment to submit.

Points will be awarded for the entrants, based on the position finished for the week. This is to encourage wider participation, and the points will be posted each week as well as on the website.

POSITION POINTS AWARDED
1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 2 points
Any honest attempt: 1 point

Overall, we should keep it simple. This is just a good time, not a crazy official high score competition! Game plays should ideally be short and fun so people that can’t invest hours into this can still compete. Obviously we are working on a trust based system here, so don’t ruin it for the others!

Here’s a simple website I made to keep track of the competition. Info is in the next post, on the current game being played.

1 Like

Site is updated! Here’s our current week details:

Game: Dragon Spirit
Platform(s): Arcade
Game Details: Full Game, No Continues, Start in Area 1
Battle Ends: Sunday, March 25th @ Midnight PST

I’ve updated the website with the new game, let’s get fireballing!

Good luck everyone, please submit your scores via screenshot or video by replying directly to this post!

CURRENT STANDINGS:

NAME POINTS
raskulous 17
Peltz 12
New002 8
socksfelloff 7
DaveLong 5
blastprocessed 1

I’d love to do Geometry Wars Retro Evolved on Xbox 360 as the first game. It’s my favorite “high score” style game.

1 Like

MaME? Someone let Billy Mitchell know so he can get in on this!

In all seriousness, awesome thread idea. I’m quite terrible at most score based games but I’ll try!

I also agree with Peltz about Geometry Wars CE on 360.

I also think it would be cool to track our community scores outside of this challenge.

I agree, an ongoing score tracker would be pretty fun. I could probably arrange that, but we’d need a better system for submitting scores than just replying to a thread. I’ll give that some thought.

The steam version is the same game, so we could also accept scores from that.

Okay everyone, looks like the first game we play will be Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved!

Platforms: Xbox 360, and Steam

Battle Ends: Sunday, March 11th @ Midnight

I’ve updated the website with the new game, and we’ll get this ball rolling!

Good luck everyone, please submit your scores via screenshot or video by replying directly to this post!

1 Like

Sweeeet.

So for geometry wars are we focusing on one mode (e.g. pacifism) or is it a free for all?

I think there’s only one game mode, correct? If you’re talking about having a separate high score chart for a custom game mode (like pacifism), we could look at that for a general high score page if we want.

I think I’m understanding what you mean… correct me if I’m wrong.

Pacivism was Geometry Wars Retro evolved 2.

This is just Geometry Wars Retro Evolved (the original XBLA launch title). The core gameplay is better in this one IMO.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s ludacrisly high scores.

Ohhhh my bad. Hmm I don’t think I actually own this one :joy:

You should rectify that immediately.

Here’s my most recent high score as well as my all time highest score.

Wow, nice work! I think we have to take only current scores, but I’ll update the site you add you!

Here’s my effort… I’m terrible at this game!

Site updated with the scores.

I’m excited to see what the rest of the guys come up with.

I’m traveling but I’ll give it a shot once I’m back home. Don’t expect much of a score from me :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, you and me both. I have a friend that I’m trying to get signed up to the board so he can compete. He may be capable of dethroning Peltz!

Where you at, Deke?