RGB Plays - April 2018: Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island

WE HAVE A WINNER! Happy gaming everyone, remember to post screenshots, impressions and chat about Yoshi’s Island!

Unknown

• Batman - NES
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island - SNES
  • TMNT Turtles in Time / Hyperstone Heist - SNES/Genesis (MD)
0 voters

Alright, it’s time to decide what we’re playing next month! Thanks to everyone who played our March game, Aladdin! I figured we could have a few days for nominations, then a few days to vote, with April 6 being the day we decide on our game.

So far, we have two nominations, one from myself, and one from @Socksfelloff. If you’d like to nominate a game, reply to this thread by April 3 with what game you’d like to nominate, along with 1 or 2 sentences why we should play it.

Please be considerate and not nominate crazy rare games that will be hard for people to acquire, not everyone can find Little Samson in a thrift shop or garage sale!

Alright, so onto to the nominations so far:

Batman - Sunsoft, NES, 1989 (Nominated by BTails)
220px-Batman_(NES_game)

For a few years, it seemed like Sunsoft could do no wrong, and their tie in to the Tim Burton Batman movie doesn’t buck that trend. The game has tight controls, multiple weapons, and a KILLER soundtrack. AND unlimited continues, so it’s not super unfair.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island - Nintendo, SNES, 1995
Unknown

Not happy to simply retread the original, SMW2 radically changed Mario gameplay: playing as Yoshi gives you whole new moves, and a game built around a brand new mechanic: creating and throwing eggs. Powered by the improved Super FX2 chip, this game had a ton of hype upon release. Remember… Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy!

Turtles in Time / Hyperstone Heist - Konami, SNES/Genesis, 1991/1992 (Nominated by New002)
UnknownTeenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_-_The_Hyperstone_Heist_Coverart

Okay everyone, what would YOU like to play in April! Have an idea? Let the nominations begin!

I’d like to nominate Turtles in Time and/or Hyperstone Heist.

As for why? Well, because turtles in time is the shit :stuck_out_tongue:

But I also appreciate the fact that these games can be compelted in one sitting. They are fantastic games with tight gameplay, and they don’t overstay their welcome.

1 Like

I read that as, “it is shit” lol Hyperstone all the way. Also I won’t nominate this month since my game won last month.

I know there will be voting next week, but I’ll second that nomination for Yoshi’s Island. It totally flew under my radar when it was first released and has been on my backlog for a long time.

I think you should vote !

Yoshi’s island was my vote but TMNT is a damn good one!

I’ll vote, I just won’t suggest a game to be nominated.

All games I’d bash though so far, so won’t suggest anything!

I don’t know what we’re going for, but at least that made me order Famicom Batman. Cool box and cart (and poster!), I guess I have to thank you for not nominating Dynamite Batman? haha

Ha yeah I’m missing it and it hurts because it’s just too pricey.

Just wait till you hear the music!

Anyone up for a title with Super Game Boy support such as Donkey Kong '94?

I picked up a Super Game Boy 2 not long ago that could use some attention. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve slowly been working through that came. Fucking fantastic!

I vote for Yoshi’s Island but I am down for TMNT too. I just beat Turtles in Time recently so I’d play Hyperstone. I hope Yoshi wins.

I’d happily play any of the current 3 that are up for consideration. Can’t go wrong.

I’m hoping for Yoshi’s Island as well since I’ll be playing that regardless with the new superfx progress

What are the differences with the GBA version?

Voting is now open until Friday! I liked the idea someone had of the game that gets second place becomes the game for the month of May: Thoughts on this process?

Also, vote Batman. :wink:

I just completed Batman not to long ago and I can’t stand Yoshis Island. So I guess I’ll go green :turtle:

Voted Batman, because it’s already in the post haha, and I won’t get Yoshi’s Island until like next month.

There are THREE of us now! The Dark Knight rises (In the poll)