Upcoming games with cool pixel art - Iron Meat

Fans of Sunset Riders will surely get a kick out of Deathwish Enforcers!

Let’s hope its gameplay is as great as its graphics!

2 Likes

I like the look of that. Sunset Riders set in the mid 70s :grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

Upcoming metroidvania The Last Faith looks rather impressive.

7 Likes

What platform is Deathwish Enforcers on?

1 Like

PS4, PS5 and Switch.

1 Like

I hope they have a scanline effect filter.

Looks good but looks like MAME emulation, not how the originals were designed to look.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, the dev’s previous game (Battle Princess Madelyn) featured optional scanlines, so there’s a good chance those will be in this game.

Hmm, it did, but I was so-so on that game. And I played the refocused/fixed ‘Royal Edition’ too.

1 Like

Yeah, reviews were rather mixed. Hopefully, the developers have learned from their mistakes in the meantime.

IMHO this is pixel art, with a Star Fox vibe.

Ex-Zodiac

10$ off early access launched today on Steam.

3 Likes

Would be rad if someone could downscale this to 240p. Looks cool as hell.

1 Like

I’ll ask in their Discord! Yes.

1 Like

Boom.

2 Likes

These Twitter links should display all images. I read that some credentials need adding/updating in the forum settings by @moderators

1 Like

I haven’t updated this thread in a while. A few nice pixelly games have been announced in the meantime, so let’s take a look at those!

Slave Zero X

Release date: TBA

Scrap Riders

Release date: September 21st

Gun Stream

Bat Boy

1 Like

Here are a few more upcoming games with nice pixel art!

Rog & Roll

Vikings on Trampolines

Pocket Bravery

Release date: Early 2023

4 Likes

Remember the very first GIF I posted in this thread nearly a year ago? Here it is again, in case you forgot and don’t want to scroll up:

Well, the game is out soon and it looks like JoyMasher (the Blazing Chrome devs) have created a must-have title for anyone who loves Shinobi and 2D action games in general.

Check the trailer!

Release date: Fall 2022

3 Likes

Technosoft fans should get a kick out of Stellanova, an upcoming shoot 'em up by Brandon “Tpot” Beauregard.

Updates about this game can be found on the dev’s Twitter profile: https://twitter.com/SslTpot

4 Likes

Not upcoming, it’s a couple of years old…

BUT it’s great. I’m about 60% through it at the moment. Playing in RetroArch fMSX core on my N3DS.

Stevedore (MSX)

1 Like

That looks like a fun game! Thanks for sharing.