Upcoming games with cool pixel art - Iron Meat

You guys like pixel art, right? So, let’s take a look at some upcoming games that feature sweet graphics of the blocky kind. GIFs are welcome!

Moonrider

TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge

Savior

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined

Bushiden

Feel free to share some more in this thread!

6 Likes

Let’s not forget the masterpiece that is ElecHead which released last week.

4 Likes

Man, that new Ninja Turtles game really looks awesome.

2 Likes

Souldiers looks quite nice!

2 Likes

Wild Dogs is an upcoming Contra-like game with nice Gameboy-style graphics.

Release date: 2022

2 Likes

This looks awesome although GB style with such a wide screen messes with me.

1 Like

It’s not a requirement, but I just got a Pixoo-64 internet connected pixel art frame and it’s absolutely wonderful for this sort of thing:

1 Like

Nice!

Pretty cool!

This one looks good

Download/play https://gamejolt.com/games/sulka/663905

2 Likes

New game for NES

2 Likes

A couple of upcoming games with nice pixel art:

Loco Motive

Release date: Summer 2022

Sea of Stars

Release date: Holiday 2022

2 Likes

I’ve played the game jam version of this Loco Motive (Game Jam) by Robust Games and it was great.

I’m intrigued how similar or different the expanded game will be.

2 Likes

That’s good to know!

I hadn’t heard of it prior to seeing it at Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase. It looks like the kind of game I’d enjoy!

1 Like

I’ll definitely be playing the new one!

2 Likes

Mina the Hollower is an upcoming game by Yacht Club Games (aka the Shovel Knight guys). Its pixel art looks really nice.

5 Likes

I wish good CRT filters were standard for these kinds of games. It’s the one thing I felt was missing in Shovel Knight.

The art here is really good though, it’s not that super angular, sharp pixel art you see in indie 8 bit revival games.

2 Likes

That looks really great!! I might have to back the game, something I don’t do too often anymore.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/mina-the-hollower

1 Like

Yeah, I wish all modern pixel art games had options for CRT filters and scanlines. Some of them do, but those seem to be in the minority.

2 Likes

I agree!! I was just wondering the other day if I could somehow run my Series X through my Retrotink 5X to take advantage of its great scanline settings.
I guess I’d have to convert the HDMI to component to input it to the Retrotink. I wonder if anyone has tried this? Too bad it doesn’t have an HDMI input.

2 Likes