Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

Joe from Game Sack would be happy. He owns the US and Japanese PC Engine versions of this.

1 Like

Put a lot of time into the TG-16 port back in the day but never got to try the arcade version, yet another reason to love Hamster and ACA.

2 Likes

Here’s a new trailer for Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration featuring Jaguar games.

Release date: November 11th

3 Likes

Difficult to tell but Tempest seems to be running locked 30fps which is an improvement over the original. the two games after it are 60fps.

1 Like

QUByte Interactive has announced the re-release of a bunch of retro games!

Glover

Iron Commando

Legend

Brave Battle Saga

Legend of Wukong

Stone Protectors

Visco Collection

• Andro Dunos
  • BangBead
  • Captain Tomaday
  • FlipShot
  • Ganryu
  • Goal! Goal! Goal!
  • Neo Drift Out

Top Racer Collection

• Top Racer
  • Top Racer 2
  • Top Racer 3000
  • Top Racer: Crossroads

All the above-mentioned games are coming to PlayStation, Switch and Xbox, but the release dates are TBA.

Also, the release date of Breakers Collection has finally been announced! Here’s a new trailer:

Platforms: PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, Steam
Release date: January 12th

1 Like

Breakers in January :weary:

1 Like

Yeah, it has been quite a wait since its announcement. Still, I’m excited to finally get the game come January.

Also, I’m really happy to see Neo Drift Out coming to consoles. I already have the ACA versions of Over Top and Thrash Rally, so I’ll have a complete collection of isometric Neo Geo racers soon :slight_smile:

I ordered the physical version of Breakers… maybe they will ship that early?

:face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Let’s hope so!

QUByte Interactive has been on a roll lately! Here’s yet another retro announcement:

Samurai Collection features First Samurai and Second Samurai. It’s unknown if multiple versions of the games will be included (First Samurai was originally released for the Amiga, Atari ST, C64, SNES and MS-DOS, while Second Samurai was released for the Amiga and Mega Drive). The footage in the trailer seems to be from the SNES and Mega Drive versions.

Platforms: PlayStation, Switch, Xbox
Release date: November 3rd

1 Like

We’re getting the weirdest vintage game releases now lol.

My memories of all these 16 bit Euro action/platformers were as ‘rental games’.

1 Like

This week’s Arcade Archives release is a really obscure one: Itazura Tenshi by Nichibutsu.

Usually, I search uvlist or mobygames for a screenshot of the game in question, but either I’m searching wrong or the game is so obscure that there isn’t any information to be found on those websites!

Here’s a gameplay video instead:

Release date: November 4th

3 Likes

Here’s an update about titles that had been teased a while ago.

First up, SNK has revealed the release date for the second Neo Geo Pocket Color collection.

Now, on to the next update: the release date for the Elevator Action Returns re-release has been disclosed.

Platforms: PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, Steam
Release date: December 1st

It’s another City Connection release, so that makes me wonder if the game’s performance will be up to scratch. Does anybody know if improvements have been made to their Saturn emulator?

1 Like

OMFG - Elevator Action Returns!!! The best Taito games keep coming. This is a holy grail type release (hope they don’t mess it up).

I’ve been playing it on my Saturn but will gladly support the franchise with this purchase too.

Still never managed to beat the last level.

1 Like

This is really of huge interest to me:

Sadly it is a port of the Saturn version of the game which itself was ported from the arcade Taito F3.
Same situation as with Elevator Action Returns.

But still Cleopatra Fortune on modern systems = :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Namco’s Baraduke is this week’s Arcade Archives title.

Release date: November 10th

1 Like

In other news, SNK has finally revealed the full lineup of games featured on Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 2:

SNK VS. Capcom Card Fighters’ Clash
Big Bang Pro Wrestling
BIOMOTOR UNITRON
Mega Man Battle & Fighters
Puzzle Link 2
Ganbare NEO Poke-Kun
The King Of Fighters Battle De Paradise
Baseball Stars Color
Pocket Tennis Color
Neo Geo Cup '98 Plus Color

Release date: Today

1 Like

Friday is the release of the Atari 50 collection. I just need to decide which platform to get it on. I’m leaning PS5 because that’s where I play the most these days, but I imagine there’s plenty of games in there with vertical orientation I’d like to play handheld on Switch too. Would really like to know if all of them perform the same before diving in…

1 Like

I don’t know if the collection performs the same on every platform, but reviews overall are very positive so far!

I asked Mike Mika on Twitter about it…

He replied once more so click through…

I’m super excited. The SNK Collection they did was similar to this but without all the interviews and access they seem to have had here. Absolutely looking forward to digging in to this collection.

Probably going PlayStation because I like the idea of Tempest and paddle games with touchpad.

2 Likes