Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

Cool that Atari is digging into the Lynx and Jaguar catalog. I didn’t see any Lynx games in the trailer. Saw a bunch of Jaguar games; like Tempest 2000, Missile Command 3D, Cybermorph, Atari Karts, Trevor McFur in the Cresent Galaxy and Fight for Life.

1 Like

I pinged Mike Mika on Twitter and asked if the presentation would be something like the SNK Collection…

2 Likes

Although the 2600 was the first console I played, I don’t think I have much interest revisiting many of those games, so the inclusion of Lynx and Jaguar is a great thing. I had a Lynx growing up and it has a lot of great games, and I’ve never played a Jaguar so it will be interesting to have some of those games available!

3 Likes

Cool to see Jaguar games like Atari Karts on the Library.

3 Likes

That’s not a good game. :grimacing:

I kind of want to buy a new VCS to play this. Anybody in the USA know of any cheap deals?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d agree, though I still find it noteworthy of an Atari game starting its own mini “legacy”, with Miracle Designs making some more animal racers following on from it, for better or worse. lol

3 Likes

Thanks for this. That’s really reassuring to hear. The first thing I thought of when I saw this collection yesterday was how it could be the next SNK 40th in terms of documenting the company’s history and allowing us to appreciate the games more, even if, on paper, they aren’t hot plays.

Looking forward to this one! Atari’s back catalogue is an area of gaming history where I just draw a huge blank. More interested in this one as a history piece - as I was with SNK’s early history and the 40th anniversary collection - but like with that earlier collection I hope I end up gravitating toward some new favourite games at the same time.

3 Likes

yes! I played Atari Karts and have Merlin Racing on NUON and one day came across one of the PS1 games and was like… “Hang on a minute!”

The developers knew how to milk that cow!

3 Likes

Digital Eclipse has come a very long way from those first emulated games they were involved in many a moon ago on GBA and the like. I certainly have a lot more faith in them today than I ever did, especially following that SNK 40th Collection. They’ve really embraced their role in educating while entertaining.

4 Likes

I am in fully on this Atari collection. It would be fun to have Towers 2 on it.

1 Like

Whoa. That is a lot of dung… wasn’t aware of this developer.

1 Like

After having been announced as a future Arcade Archives title quite a while ago, Rabio Lepus (a.k.a. Rabbit Punch) will finally join Hamster’s retro lineup this week.

Release date: July 7th

Home computer games are coming to the Evercade, starting with the Commodore 64!

THEC64 Collection 1

Summer Games
Winter Games
Impossible Mission
Jumpman
Bruce Lee
Gateway to Apshai
The Movie Monster Game
Marauder
Stormlord
Subterranea
Iridis Alpha
Battle Valley
Alleykat
Street Sports Baseball

I never expected to see Bruce Lee, one of my all-time favourite Commodore 64 games, to be re-released. Suffice to say I’m quite excited about this collection!

Release date: October 2022

3 Likes

Bruce Lee getting an official rerelease is wild!

1 Like

Yeah. Its title has been changed from “Bruce Lee” to just “Lee”, but otherwise it appears to be faithful to the original release.

I have so many fond memories of this game. I’m looking forward to revisiting it in the near future :slight_smile:

Bruce Lee is legit an all timer on that platform, just a tremendously fun game perfectly executed.

1 Like

Interesting… must be a lapse of licensing.

1 Like

Good news for shoot 'em up fans who prefer fantasy over sci-fi: Namco’s Dragon Saber is this week’s Arcade Archives release.

Release date: July 14th

1 Like

Taito’s Chack’n Pop is this week’s Arcade Archives release.

Release date: July 21st

2 Likes

Jaleco’s Avenging Spirit is coming to modern consoles soon, courtesy of Ratalaika Games.

Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch
Release date: July 29th

2 Likes