Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

Yeah, no SNES version for modern consoles, it seems.

Such an odd release, this one.

A heads-up for all you Pac-Fans out there: Pac-Man Museum+ is available now! I’m downloading it as I’m typing this.

Bandai Namco has released a charming launch trailer to celebrate this joyous occasion.

Six more Neo Geo Pocket titles are rumoured to be heading to the Switch!

The titles in question are:

• Baseball Stars Color
  • Ganbare Neo Poke-Kun
  • The King of Fighters: Battle de Paradise
  • Neo Geo Cup '98 Plus
  • Pocket Tennis Color
  • Falselei!
2 Likes

That has to mean a second collection, right?

1 Like

Seems likely, yeah.

1 Like

Another week, another Arcade Archives release. This week, it’s Namco’s The Tower of Druaga.

Release date: June 2nd

But that’s not all! Hamster has also revealed that Taito’s Space Seeker will join the Arcade Archives line-up soon.

Release date: June 16th

Hot on the heels of the new Evercade handheld reveal (see: New Evercade handheld announced) is the announcement of two new cartridge collections.

IREM Arcade 1

R-Type
Moon Patrol
In The Hunt
Battle Chopper / Mr. Heli
Lightning Swords
10-Yard Fight

Release date: Winter 2022

Toaplan Arcade 1

Tiger-Heli
Alcon / Slap Fight
Guardian
Flying Shark
Truxton / Tatsujin
Zero Wing
Snow Bros.
Teki Paki

Release date: Winter 2022

1 Like

What versions of these games are they? Arcade? MegaDrive? SNES?

1 Like

Those are all arcade versions.

Interesting! So the device has multiple emulators on it? Or are they present on each cartridge?

1 Like

Good question! I’m not sure, but I think the emulators are on the device itself and can be updated via firmware.

Jaleco Gameboy spook 'em up Avenging Spirit is getting a physical re-release by Retro-Bit.

Release date: TBA

2 Likes

Kinda off-topic, but the American box art of the original release is hilarious.

3 Likes

Never heard of this game. The music is lovely.

I’m a fan of Jaleco - they made some rough stuff but they were ambitious and original so I let them slide. Pinball Quest is an all time favorite of mine despite its issues.

1 Like

Not a wonder I didn’t recognize the game at all when I saw it announced! :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, they made some fun games. Coincidentally, I’m playing The Peace Keepers at the moment. While it can’t compete with the likes of Streets of Rage, I’m having a pretty good time with it.

1 Like

Peace Keepers is super solid. It’s the best of the Rushing Beat games. I have the Super Famicom version.

1 Like

I want that Toaplan Arcade collection!

1 Like

Namco’s bump 'em up Motos is this week’s Arcade Archives release.

Release date: June 9th

I love Motos, got it as part of Namco Museum Battle Collection on PSP, which was programmed internally by Namco themselves. Wonder how this Arcade Archives version will stack up against it.