Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

Battletoads Fami costs a fortune, so a re-release is a winner.

1 Like

Arcade Archives Liquid Kids has been a long time coming (it was announced in September 2020!), but the cute platformer has finally arrived on the eShop and PS Store today.

Release date: Out now

2 Likes

Got Liquid Kids ACA a few days ago, glad this is finally out, one of my favorite Taito arcade platformers. I also own the PC Engine version (got it cheap many years ago before prices went up) which as far as I know is almost arcade perfect except for missing parallax scrolling. Never owned the Ving arcade port for Saturn but like the PCE version it’s really expensive now.

1 Like

I’ve never played the PCE and Saturn ports, but I did play the arcade version when I was on holiday in Italy with my parents in the early nineties. The bright and colourful graphics immediately grabbed my attention! After having spent my credits on this machine I yearned for more, but it wasn’t until the 21st century that I would play this game again, thanks to Taito Legends 2.

1 Like

Namco’s Dragon Buster is this week’s Arcade Archives release.

Release date: December 9th

2 Likes

Ooh, I did a Battle of the Ports on that two weeks ago :grin:

2 Likes

Cool! I’m gonna check it out!

Just watched it! :slight_smile:

Wow, I didn’t know there were so many ports of Dragon Buster. Of course, quite a few of those never left Japan so it’s understandable that the game didn’t register on my radar back then.

Also, I’m irrationally annoyed with the player character’s dodgy arm when he’s facing right, haha!

1 Like

Haha, yeah the arm is so strange. I wonder why they went with that.

1 Like

Namco’s Mirai Ninja is next week’s Arcade Archives title, which is pretty exciting because it will be the first time this game gets a home release!

1 Like

Toki Tori will be re-released for the Gameboy Color by Limited Run Games. The game was originally released towards the end of the Gameboy Color’s lifecycle, so it only had one run of physical copies.

Pre-orders have already started.

The Astro City Mini V has just been announced! It features a TATE screen and it’s packed with shoot 'em ups.

Featured games:

Zaxxon
Action Fighter
Wrestle War
Desert Breaker
Raiden
Batsugun
Dogyuun
V-V / Grind Stormer
Same! Same! Same! / Fire Shark
Outzone
Tatsujin / Truxton
Tatsujin / Truxton II
Kingdom Grandprix
Armed Police Batrider
Battle Bakraid
Strikers 1945
Gunbird
Moon Cresta
Terra Cresta
Sengoku Ace
Cosmo Police Galivan
Sonic Wings

Release date: Summer 2022

4 Likes

Batsugun and Batrider? Holy crap.

1 Like

It’s an amazing lineup but the disappointing Astro City Mini doesn’t leave me with my hopes up with this one, especially with Sega Toys handling the emulation again.

M2 had trouble getting Batrider running properly on the PS4, and I can’t see how a cheap off the shelf ARM CPU will yield better results.

Still, hoping it’s good, but the sheer lineup of gmaes makes me suspect they’ll be spread too thinly to do these games justice.

1 Like

A new cartridge has been announced for the Evercade:

GREMLIN COLLECTION 1

Actua Soccer
Brain Bender
Hardcore 4X4
Premier Manager 97
Utopia: The Creation of a Nation
Zool

Release date: March 2022

A while ago it was announced that Konami’s horizontally scrolling shoot 'em up Xexex would be joining the Arcade Archives range. Today, its release date has finally been revealed: tomorrow!

Release date: December 23rd

1 Like

The full line-up of the Amiga 500 Mini has been revealed along with its release date.

Alien Breed 3D
Alien Breed: Special Edition ’92
Another World
Arcade Pool
ATR: All Terrain Racing
Battle Chess
Cadaver
California Games
The Chaos Engine
Dragons Breath
F-16 Combat Pilot
Kick Off 2
The Lost Patrol
Paradroid 90
Pinball Dreams
Project-X: Special Edition ’93
Qwak
The Sentinel
Simon the Sorcerer
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
Stunt Car Racer
Super Cars II
Titus the Fox
Worms: The Director’s Cut
Zool

Release date: March 25th, 2022

1 Like

As long as you can load your own games via USB, this will be a nice system.

Probably running UAE though, as I can’t imagine them writing their own emulator for this.

2 Likes

Yup, just like the C64 Mini, it’s possible to load your own games via USB stick.

As for the emulator used, you’re probably right.

The final Arcade Archives release of 2021 is UPL’s Mutant Night!

Release date: Today