Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

Let’s take a look at upcoming retro games! Whether re-released on original hardware or ported to modern platforms, anything retro can be posted in this thread.

ARCADE ARCHIVES:

Black Heart

Chack’n Pop

Ganbare Ginkun

GunNail

Liquid Kids

Qix

Rabio Lepus

Raimais

Thunder Dragon 2

Tōkidenshō Angel Eyes

Trio The Punch – Never Forget Me…

Xexex

The release dates for the above-mentioned games are TBA.

5 Likes

Taito Milestones is an upcoming collection of Taito arcade games. The games are based on their Arcade Archives releases.

Games announced so far are:

Alpine Ski
Chack’n Pop
Elevator Action
The Fairyland Story
Front Line
Halley’s Comet
Qix
The Ninja Warriors
Wild Western

Release date: February 2022

5 Likes

QUByte Interactive has announced a few retro releases.

Breakers Collection (Breakers & Breakers Revenge)

The Humans

The Immortal

No release dates yet (Breakers Collection would’ve been released in 2020 but got delayed), but more details will probably be announced at QUByte Connect on October 28th.

3 Likes

Trio the Punch, eh? That’s quite the game….

Is that like a meme release or something?

1 Like

Yeah, that game is certainly an acquired taste.

Here’s a fun write-up about it: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/?s=Trio+the+punch

I love the Arcade Archives lineup but Hamster takes waaaaaaaay too long to release their games. It took them over a year to release Raiden a year after they announced it, Mizanbaku Adventure/Liquid Kids and Rabio Lepus were announced over a year ago and still haven’t been released (still waiting on Chack ‘N Pop which was also announced for ACA a long time ago but will now probably be out on the Taito collection before it hits ACA). It will probably be the same with other recently announced titles like Xexex.

Hamster also recently started releasing Namco games like Pac Man, Xevious, Mappy and Rally-X on ACA which is great but is also slowing down the rest of the ACA releases even more especially since Hamster only releases one title a week and these are mainstream Namco titles which have already been ported to countless other platforms over the past 20+ years. On the other hand it’s of course potentially exciting as hopefully this means we’ll also eventually get some more niche/obscure Namco games that have been needing home ports for many years. I just wish Hamster would modify their annoyingly slow drip feed schedule and at least release more than one title a week occasionally for a bit more variety and not announce some titles overly far in advance. They also need to vary their pricing, charging $7.99 for every single ACA game is obviously a turn off for some of the lesser quality titles.

Also, the Taito Milestones collection doesn’t include the ACA version of Bubble Bobble which for some reason is still only on PS4 apparently due to currently being held hostage by Inin as a bonus extra on Bubble Bobble 4 Friends and I’m not buying that because it’s ugly-as-sin (PS, Inin sucks, hate them so far as a retro publisher).

Anyways, sorry to sound negative, just a few things I needed to vent a bit on, ha. Complaints aside, we really are in a golden age for retro releases.

1 Like

Oh and don’t forget the Kyukyoku Tiger collection/Toaplan Arcade Garage compilation coming next week as part of M2’s excellent ShotTriggers line:

1 Like

I agree with everything in your post. The drip feed, the pricing, the lack of Bubble Bobble: all fair criticism if you ask me!

Still, just like you I’m glad Arcade Archives exists and I hope we’ll be seeing the games we desire sooner rather than later. Sometimes Hamster announces cool stuff out of the blue. I remember being pleasantly surprised when Vendetta (a.k.a. Crime Fighters 2) was suddenly added to the lineup!

Here’s hoping for Violent Storm and Metamorphic Force in the not too distant future…

2 Likes

Good one, I completely forgot about that Toaplan collection!

1 Like

I don’t own an Evercade, but for those of you who do, there are quite a few interesting upcoming releases. Most of these will be released in tandem with the Evercade VS, the home console variant of the Evercade.

TECHNOS ARCADE 1

The Combatribes
Block Out
Battle Lane Vol. 5
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Double Dragon III: The Rosetta Stone
Mania Challenge
Minky Monkey
Mysterious Stones: Dr John’s Adventure

Release date: November 3rd

DATA EAST ARCADE 1

Bad Dudes Vs. Dragon Ninja
Breakthru
Burger Time
Chain Reaction
Dark Seal
Darwin 4078
Lock ‘N’ Chase
Sly Spy
Tumblepop
Wizard Fire

GAELCO ARCADE

Alligator Hunt
Biomechanical Toy
Glass
Snow Board Championship
Thunder Hoop
World Rally

ATARI ARCADE 1

Asteroids Deluxe
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Crystal Castles
Liberator
Lunar Lander
Millipede
Missile Command
Night Driver
Pong
Skydiver
Super Breakout
Warlords

BITMAP BROTHERS COLLECTION 1

The Chaos Engine
Speedball
Speedball 2
Speedball 2100
Xenon 2: Megablast

INTELLIVISION COLLECTION 1

Astrosmash
Buzz Bombers
Frog Bog
Night Stalker
Pinball
Princess Quest
Shark! Shark!
Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey
Snafu
Thin Ice
Thunder Castle
Word Rockets

RENOVATION COLLECTION 1

Arcus Odyssey
Beast Wrestler
Dino Land
El Viento
Exile
Final Zone
Gaiares
Granada
Sol-Deace
Traysia
Valis: The Fantasm Soldier
Valis 3

Release date: Early 2022

1 Like

From the creators of the C64 Mini comes the A500 Mini, a compact reimagining of the Amiga 500 home computer.

12 of the 25 included games have been revealed so far.

Alien Breed 3D
Another World
ATR: All Terrain Racing
Battle Chess
Cadaver
Kick Off 2
Pinball Dreams
Simon The Sorcerer
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
The Chaos Engine
Worms: The Director’s Cut
Zool: Ninja Of The ”Nth” Dimension

Don’t see your favourite games? Don’t worry! It’s possible to use a USB stick to add extra games.

Release date: March 31st, 2022.

3 Likes

This week’s Arcade Archives release is Sky Kid.

Release date: October 28th

M2 has announced Hishou Same! Same! Same! for PS4 and Switch as part of its M2 ShotTriggers and Toaplan Arcade Garage series. It features the games Hishou Zame! (aka Sky Shark / Flying Shark) and Same! Same! Same! (aka Fire Shark).

Hishou Zame! / Sky Shark / Flying Shark

Same! Same! Same! / Fire Shark

Release date: Spring 2022 (Japan)

2 Likes

Just announced by QUByte: Rage of the Dragons for the Switch, PS4, PS5 and Xbox consoles.

2 Likes

Not only were release dates for previously announced QUByte Classics games revealed at QUByte Connect, there also were a few new announcements.

The Immortal

Systems: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
Release date: Out now

Head Over Heels

Systems: Nintendo Switch
Release date: Out now

The Humans

Systems: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, PC
Release date: Coming soon

Canon: The Legend of the New Gods

Systems: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC
Release date: 2022

Brave Battle Saga: The Legend of the Magic Warrior

Systems: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC
Release date: 2022

1 Like

Mega Drive shoot 'em up Gynoug (also known as Wings of Wor) has just been announced for modern consoles!

Release date: November 12th

7 Likes

I feel like this is such an underrated game.

2 Likes

While I used to own a Mega Drive, I’ve never played Gynoug before. I’m excited to finally give this game a shot on the Switch!

Nice! I enjoyed the re-release of Gley Lancer, and will definitely get Gynoug as well.

2 Likes

If anyone’s looked at the price of Gynoug/Wings of Wor lately, you know this is a great thing that it will be re-released.

2 Likes