Bandai WonderSwan |OT| - Count on one hand the number of people that will post here

I mean, the N64 was the worst console of that generation.

1 Like

How the hell did we get a Wonderswan thread before a SNES thread?

Because making a SNES thread would take a lot more work.

1 Like

Wonderswan has more buttons.

Checkmate.

2 Likes

Lol at most of these comments. I always wanted to try the games back in the day when I saw them in various magazines. I should look it up one of these days. It seemed to have a small but kind of decent library.

Enjoy writing the Apple Bandai Pippin OT.

1 Like

Notably you can get Judgement Silversword on Steam these days, as well as packed into the Xbox 360 game Eschatos. Not sure if they’re as good or better than the original though.

Having a quick nosey around on yahoo auctions, there’s currently none listed, and the second print recently sold for 26,500Y, and the third print for 28,600Y.
Eschatos on the other hand goes for 3,500Y or so, and 8,000Y as part of a pack-in with Ginga Force (Wonder Pack!)
Not a cheap game to get at all. Have added Eschatos to my wantlist though :wink:

2 Likes

This thread is getting way too many replies to be a real Wonderswan thread. We’ve only alloted 25 replies/year in our server bandwidth for Wonderswan related content.

2 Likes

I’m really impressed! Despite my joking OT I really like the system.

1 Like

Nice thread.

Here is link to Swan Song YouTube channel where someone is making chronological journey through the WonderSwan’s game library.

Oh a chronoseries for the WonderSwan? Well sign me up!

1 Like

I’ve got a whole bunch of WonderSwan stuff, including the WonderBorg robot bug that you can build and then control with the handheld.

I’ve got some duplicate boxed games I’ll be selling over the next couple of weeks.

My favourite game on the system was its version of Tetris, the first to use the “guidelines” the Tetris Company decided were the baseline for a game to be “official”. Plays very nicely in portrait orientation.

Just like with my Virtual Boy, they can pry my WonderSwan from my cold dead hands :smirk:

1 Like

Judgment Silversword is great, play it on my PSP WS emulator.

I always thought the Wonderswan was interesting and would like to play the Klonoa game for it sometime. Didn’t know it had no headphone jack, yuck. And no backlight on any of the models?

You need a headphone adapter, same sort of thing as GBA SP.

No back light does seem crazy in this day and age but at the time it was fine. The SwanCrystal has a pretty good screen that doesn’t need perfect lighting. But really, the best way to play the games these days is not on original hardware.

But back to the topic, I never played a WonderSwan like most people. I only read about them in some gaming magazine when they were showcasing a WonderSwan Final Fantasy bundle, I’d get one just to try out but I’ll have to watch some YouTube videos of them to get the “full meal deal”.

https://www.flashmasta.com/product/wonderswan-headphone-adapter-wonderbeat-9480/

1 Like

Wonderswan thread?
I need to post in it :slight_smile:

WS is usually cited for its anime and RPG games but I think the true treasure on the console is the puzzle genre.
Flash Koibito-kun, Engacho!, Tane wo Maku Tori, Xi Little, Tetris are all must play on the console and aren’t dependent on japanese reading skill.

For anyone interested I have done a WS centric website many years ago:

2 Likes

My favourites on WS are also the puzzles. I have…

Mono:

• D’s Garage 21: Tane wo maku Tori
  • Gunpey
  • Hanafuda Shiyouyo
  • Slither Link
  • Tarepanda no gunpey

Color:

• Flash Koibito-Kun
  • Gunpey Ex
  • Mr. Driller
  • Tetris
  • XI [sái] Little