Classic Sega fans™ (who are the best people) have been absolutely spoiled this & last gen

…we don’t talk about smilebit

also shenmoo 3 looks great in the recent shots, but isn’t Suzuki off the team now anyway? not sure I’d expect another VF from him at this point

I wish Streets of Rage 4 was SOR Mania instead of the so-so wayforward XBLA looking thing.

The original Dragon’s Trap was very old and plain looking (with IMO some ugly spritework and animation), the remake brought life to it. But SOR, like Sonic, already perfected its look. A new one that looked like the 32bit SOR we never got would have been much more of a winner.

And still no freaking Alex Kidd revival! Also where’s After Burner, Outrun, Daytona, Fantasy Zone, Space Harrier, HOTD, Panzer Dragoon, Shinobi, Monkey Ball…

I’d love a ‘Mania’ for any of the 2D series.

Monster Boy and the Dragon’s Trap remake were bright spots, even though they were indie thingos.

1 Like

Sega has been doing better here of late. The beginning of this gen was pretty bleak.

My favorite Sega was the Saturn, Dreamcast and Dreamcast 2 (aka Xbox) era. So many amazing games during that time period.

Sooo close I could taste it…damn you Sega! :rofl:

i’m still optimistic for SOR 4 but you’re not wrong that the fan remake/mania thing was an absolute highlight and we’re not likely to see it dethroned here

and i hear you, but OutRun seems to have died with the ferrari licensing thing? no idea why after burner climax left either, yet another example of games i’d pay a high price to get on disc. HOTD got a great grindhouse game last gen or so, Panzer remake is said to be coming…i wanna say 3DS was the last we saw of Shinobi?

i’d kill for a new Fantasy Zone & Alex Kidd but at this point, i just want a fan translation of Segagaga finally. i need to know how things went with dude’s shop.

1 Like

Oh yeah I gotta play the 3DS Shinobi… I have it on the shelf…

3DS became my Sega 3D Classics machine in the end, or as I called it the Sega Mark IIIDS.

I need to try Segagaga again now that my Japanese is a bit better. I played it for a few hours but I remember it being pretty basic so I got distracted by something else and never went back to it.

1 Like

this close to playing it with google translate one day since, you know, it’s been like six years since the fan translation blog updated

http://www.adilegian.com/Segagaga/

That’s pretty sad. Is there any way to download something related to the project or is it just blog posts?

So good. I wish someone could record the exclusive credits sequences made for the 3D Classics games.

I just remembered Sega released some 3DS themes for Sega hardware - it would have been cool if they did New 3DS matching cover plates.

far as i saw, it was tragically only blog posts. i recall emailing the contact years back to see if they needed help & not hearing back.

shit! just realized i didn’t look for the 3DS Sega Classics boxset while in japan! aw man

Damn. if there was something released, I’d look into whether it would be possible to continue the work. I saw a post about him looking for a programmer. Maybe he never found one and just has notes.

Also, remind me about the 3DS Sega Classics in November if you haven’t picked it up yet.

1 Like
2 Likes