Ever quit a game at the very last boss? I may do just that with Zelda II. What games have done it to you?

Had this same thing with Portrait of Ruin. As well as FFVII. Got to the final crater with Sephiroth and was under-levelled, every fight with a beasty on the way down would wipe me out. Didn’t want to grind and had enjoyed what I had played. Just left it, never to get that far again.

Back when I first got it, I had to take a break from the last level of Tomb Raider 1 as I just couldn’t do it. Left it for a few months, went back and did it in one go. Could not work out why it seemed so hard before.

On a non-game related unfinish, the first time I read LOTR I finished after Frodo destroyed the ring as I had recently watched the movies and came to the conclusion that the rest would be a medal ceremony from the Princess with snazzy one liners.
Read it again last year, continued past that bit and thoroughly enjoyed it. Incidentally, I also enjoyed the whole thing a lot more the second time than I did when I was younger (and I assume less intelligent)

1 Like