Extra-Life 2017

I hope the board doesn’t mind me post this here, if it’s not ok feel free to delete it.

I’ll be doing Extra-Life again this year. For those of you who don’t know what it is, Extra-Life is a 24 hour gaming marathon to raise money for children’s hospitals. Basically you stream yourself or yourself and friends gaming for a solid 24 hours. It’s kind of like the Susan G Komen Race, or the Bronx Zoo Race for the Wild, but instead of running 5k, and raising money for breast cancer or wild animal conservation, you’re gaming for 24 hours and raising money for sick kids.

I got into it through my fiance, who does a lot of those races to raise money for different causes, I am not a runner though. In any way, shape, or form. I am a gamer thought and can totally do this.

It goes down this Saturday, and we’ll be starting at 9 am EST. I hope some of you can come and check out the stream and say hello, offer words of encouragement or just chat while we play. It’s going to be My Fiance, my one friend, and myself for the majority of it. I’ll be there all 24 hours, my friend and my fiance through most of that. I’ll also have some other friends stopping by for a bit through out the day and evening.

We’ll be streaming on Twitch and Youtube this year, HOPEFULLY. Last year we had some major issues with youtube, but so far testing everything is working ok on both. You can find the streams here

We’ll be playing a variety of games, mostly Retro stuff but some new things as well. This was the start of the games I was putting aside for this weekend on Monday, since then I’ve added a bunch more vertical shooters to the pile

And finally if you have a few bucks to spare and want to donate this is our team page. Any donation even if its just a couple bucks is greatly appreciated!

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.team&teamID=35482

Hope yo see some of you guys checking out the stream and chatting this Saturday!

1 Like

I was thinking about posting and asking if anyone is doing Extra-Life streams. Will drop in, for sure.

I’ll be sure to check it out and throw a few $$ to a good cause!

Thanks guys I appreciate the support!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to anyone who came by and checked out the stream or donated. A special thank you to SmiteOfHand for hanging out for so long with us and donating, it was insanely appreciated!