Identifying fake games and consoles - Because nobody wants to spend top dollar on garbage.

Play Expo Glasgow

1 Like

Iā€™ve only ever checked my snes games but most of the genesis stuff I pick up is in $10-$15 range so seems unlikely someone would waste their time making a fake cart.

On a similar topic though, is there way to tell if boxed controllers are fake? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen much for xbox stuff but PS2 seems to have fakes that use the sony logo and put in a similar yellow box but not exactly the same. Canā€™t seem to find much online to help distinguish besides trying to eyeball old pictures.

1 Like

Wow thatā€™s crazy! I love that game, I probably would have been too smitten to even check.

It is such an awesome game and thankfully was planning to haggle for it even if the game was authentic but wanted to be assured first. Thank goodness i did it otherwise Iā€™d be so annoyed. Also, didnā€™t realise I took a picture of the item when I first arrived at the expo. Here you go! You canā€™t tell from this pic but the back shell was much more yellow than the front.

Aww man that is gutting, but youā€™re lucky you had the sense to ask to test it!

To be honest I have had some legit games where the back was way more yellow than the front and vice versa.

Iā€™m scouring that pic for Kevin Keeganā€™s Player Manager thinking it might secretly be Firemen on the inside :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

omg! I shouldā€™ve asked him if he had Kevin Keegan haha.