RGB High Score Battle! - Battle #41: Ms. Pac-Man

2 Likes

Updated again

Gah this game is tough… put in about 4 more attempts, couldn’t get past 50k.

One more attempt this morning…

2 Likes

As you all know, I’m a competitive person, but never to the extent that I go crazy trying to make certain I come out on top.

What these competitions are about, for me at least, is the opportunity to engage with the people on this board, and try learning some games that I may not have otherwise bothered with.

This one in particular has given me much more appreciation for the game… I remember playing both Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man in the arcade, but to be honest I was never much of a fan of them.

At it’s core, Ms. Pac-Man is a very simple game, but like many of the great arcade games of the era, the skill ceiling truly is sky high. Every new attempt I make I’m learning more, and it continues to be fun each time.

Hopefully in the coming months, each new game will bring in some interest from the good folks on RGB, and just maybe some people will get to enjoy some games they’ve not paid much attention to in the past.

<3

2 Likes

Would really love more people to get involved as well.

I actually appear to be getting worse at Ms. Pac-Man the more I play and have yet to see past stage 8.

Every time I think I have a stage sussed out the Ghost AI does something seemingly erratic that I’ve never seen it do before.

I really enjoy diving deep into these challenges, in this case its made me appreciate this version of Ms Pac Man for what it is. Back in the day I didn’t give this port the time of day, as I didnt like how the game scrolled and how the sound fx didnt sound exactly like the arcade. Playing it now though, I think its a competent port, graphics are good and control is spot on. Tengen was hit and miss sometimes, but this is one of the good ones. Looking forward to trying to up my score before the challenge ends.

1 Like

3 more days everyone, get your scores in while you can!

Would love to see a couple more people jump in with scores this month.

Thanks to everyone who joined in on the battle!

Since I picked the last game, you get to pick the next one @GraveyardDuck

What would you like to play?

1 Like

How about a game that’s also available as an Arcade Archives release? wink wink, nudge nudge

1 Like

Lets play In The Hunt, 1 credit, default difficulty, high score

2 Likes

Sounds good. I’m in!

1 Like

Great choice, I will set it up today!

1 Like

Are we playing the arcade version?

Yes, arcade version is what I was thinking.

1 Like

Ack, can’t believe I missed this challenge. Here is my score. I know it’s too late but I played this game in the arcade a lot so I wanted to try it out since I never played the NES version before, it plays pretty well.

1 Like

Nice work! I’ll add it to the page today.