Hey everyone! With winter coming, I have decided to start up the high score battles again. This time I’ll be doing one month each time, to allow lots of time for competition and for people to get their scores in.
I chose Ms. Pac-Man on the NES because it’s a fairly faithful arcade port, and it should be easily accessible to everyone. I hope you choose to compete, and have fun!
Ms. Pac-Man (Unl) is the correct ROM. This is the Tengen release, not the standard one.
Site is updated! Here’s our current week details:
WEEK 73 to 76
Game: Ms. Pac-Man
Challenge Type: High Score
Game Details: Full Game
When: Oct 15th - Nov 14th, 2021
Chosen By: raskulous
I’ve updated the website with the new game, let’s get alien slaying!
Good luck everyone, please submit your scores via screenshot or video by replying directly to this post!
- Competitions last two weeks, close on Sunday night @ midnight.
- Post screenshots in this thread as proof.
- The winner from the previous week chooses the next game to play.
- You cannot choose twice in a row. 2nd place will choose if someone wins two weeks in a row.
- If there’s a tie, the person that submitted the high score first gets to choose.
- Games must be high score compatible (think “arcade style scores” like Pac-Man, or Spy Hunter, not Super Mario).
- Emulation is okay (MAME is often the best for high scores).
- No save state manipulation (pausing to take a break is fine though).
- Submit scores as soon as you get them! To keep the competition rolling and fair, do not hold on until the last moment to submit.
Points will be awarded for the entrants, based on the position finished for the week. This is to encourage wider participation, and the points will be posted each week as well as on the website.
|Any honest attempt:||1 point|
Overall, we should keep it simple. This is just a good time, not a crazy official high score competition! Game plays should ideally be short and fun so people that can’t invest hours into this can still compete. Obviously we are working on a trust based system here, so don’t ruin it for the others!
Here’s a simple website I made to keep track of the competition.