The little stories told by save games on used carts.

That’s awesome, it just shows how much that person loved that game.

1 Like

Great thread idea!

I try to preserve the old saves by copying them to slot 3! Probably the most recent example that I can think of was a DS copy of Choushoujyuu Mecha MG - the previous owner had played it for almost 400 hours! There’s a wealth of unlockables to mess around with so it’d be rude not to keep it…

But if it’s a single save for the whole game, it really depends. If it’s a forever game like Umihara Kawase’s DS ports, I’ll keep the save intact even if it means I’m not unlocking anything.

1 Like

Backup saves to SD card or flash carts.

While I don’t have much to contribute to this thread, I have to say I really enjoyed reading all your experiences. It must be pretty great to open up a video game box and find stuff like hand-drawn maps, handwritten notes and hints inside! Such personal touches add a bit of history and humanity to those games.

I didn’t write stuff down very often, but there are two particular instances I remember where I did just that.

1: When I got hopelessly stuck in Fantasy World Dizzy, I tried to unravel its puzzles by drawing the items I encountered on a piece of paper in order to make it easier to visualise an answer. It didn’t help a single bit, lol

2: I wrote tons of Road Rash passwords on tiny pieces of paper and stored those in a glass jar. It didn’t take long before it was nearly full. The jar has remained in my parents’ cupboard for ages, but I’m not sure if it’s still there. I’ll take a look next time when I’m at my old folks’ place!

1 Like