What's wrong with my Super Famicom?

I got super into AV stuff right around the release of the OG Xbox and its promise of 480p and 5.1 surround sound for most games, as well as widescreen for certain releases. Crazy to think that was 17 years ago now…

…and I’m still learning/tweaking my setup year after year.

I also paid close attention to NES emulation on PC in the late-90s and wondered why the graphics looked so darn clear on my VGA monitor compared to the real thing. I didn’t find out why for a while though.

I always wondered that as well. I just figured computers had better graphics and I didn’t realise that I was using RF on one and RGBhv with 16 bit color on the other.

Same here. Ah the days of scouring the World Wide Web for romz to play on Nesticle.

All I know is I hated it when family dealt with anything that wasn’t RF since they couldn’t into the concept of changing the input on the tv and didn’t understand why it didn’t just come on when turned on.

That and somehow always losing the remote or plugging things into the wrong things.

I love these discussions since I was the Dad who went out and upgraded the TV as fast as I could to get fancy new video inputs. I also own a C64 monitor. I was off of RF as soon as I could be. lol!

1 Like

My dad had 2 commodor monitors when I was growing up and I never thought anything of them. Years later when I finally realised what he had I called him up and he said " oh I threw those out years ago"

At the time I was heart broken but now I’m a fucking snob and couldn’t be bothered with those svideo-only-shitters

1 Like

I bought the RF adapter for the N64 myself :joy:

There was an Amiga monitor model that had RGB Scart input here in Europe though which is pretty rad. I had one but gave it away lol.

To be fair, there are lots of commodore and amiga monitors that have RGB inputs. Most of them, in fact.

All commodore and amiga computers from the C128 on had some form of RGB output, and their monitors matched.

The games also look FANTASTIC on RGB, especially with the Amiga.

Here’s a couple shots I took with my phone. It’s an Amiga 2000, with a 1084 monitor that is very well used and very tired… But they are work horses.

1 Like

Looks great!

Damn. That’s sexy as hell

Oh wow, Impossible Mission II on Amiga?

I’ve only played the C64 version, that has so much colour vs the borderline greyscale C64 version!

Yup, that’s the one. It’s super bright!