Arcade Game/PCB Collecting: A Thread for Gamers With More Money Than Sense

Wow lol. Any pics to his console stuff?

there are a few pics in this article and scattered through his tumblr posts.

1 Like

Fun interview. Thank God he was wrong about the NX and Nintendo lol. Why I enjoy MS and Sony, I feel most comfy with Nintendo’s approach at the moment. They do still frustrate me–online is a neverending disaster.

In case anyone has been wanting to take the plunge into the world of arcade boards and superguns, I just made a post over on the Buy/Sell/Trade section with just about everything you need to get started.

Just saved a couple more CPS2 boards from potential oblivion. Infinikeys installed in Street Fighter Alpha and Marvel Superheroes. D&D is up next.

4 Likes

I recently came into an In The Hunt PCB. I saw a thread over at AP where a guy was designing acrylic covers for his boards. I figured I’d try my hand at it too. Got out the calipers and digital tape measure and went to work measuring the board. Then I fired up a vector based 3D program that is use and precisely drafted the shape of the board. Then I designed a plexi for the top and bottom and did vectors for the logo. I’ll be getting these back in May. I’m really excited!

Green shape is the board. Blue parts will be etched. Outer line is the actual plexi.

3 Likes

Talked about this in Discord the other day but I finally got my CPS2 multi working. It’s glorious of course.

Meanwhile, I’m waiting for the following PCBs that have been shipped out at various times over the past 6 weeks.

Captain America and the Avengers
Virtua Fighter 3
Columns
Alien Vs Predator

1 Like

You do mods right? I got an X-Men PCB earlier that needs its audio fixed. I’ve ordered this but there’s no way I’ll be able to fix this myself. You interested?

1 Like

Shoot me a PM with details. Happy to look into it.

My first acrylic PCB case that I designed came in today! Pretty happy with it since it is my first one but it isn’t perfect. Just a tiny bit too big. Still, really a lot happy with it as a proof of concept. Time to tweak it and get it perfect.

11 Likes

It’s gorgeous! Where’d you get it?

1 Like

Thanks! I designed it myself and had the acrylic cut and engraved by Ponoko.com. I hadn’t seen any other Irem m92 acrylic covers out there yet so I thought I’d go ahead and make them myself! I’m hoping I can sell a few down the road to recover my development cost. It’s my first time doing something like this so there’s a lot to learn!

1 Like

It’s beautiful, very nice work!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m very happy with it as a first attempt.

A youtuber with 1.3 Million subs made a video on Arcade PCB collecting and I feel like I will never get my hands on a HAS now, lol.

1 Like

Haha. It’s still not for the typical collector. Most people will not go through all the hoops outlined in the video to play arcade games.

(I want a HAS too though :frowning:)

Don’t worry, Sixteen bit. Arcade collecting is still mega niche.

1 Like

Why the heck did he put a bat top stick on that Namco stick? Sacrilege I say :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

2 Likes

His favorite fighter is Primal Rage, which I’m pretty sure had a bat top. Many of Capcom’s stuff was in the US was on bat top top too.

2 Likes