Box and cartridge protectors

Well! I was reading (google translate) Japanese wiki earlier and it says that Taito bought a game called “Chack’n Chack” from somebody (most likely a student) at The University of Tokyo Microcomputer Club and released it as the arcade version. Citation needed.

Anyway, the arcade version is dated 1983 and credited to JUN. I have a hunch that is Jun Amanai who in 1989 made “Popils” with Fukio Mitsuji (MTJ, creator of Bubble Bobble). I wonder…

Agreed. I always find out new and cool stuff from this community.

I’ll also say, this is what I love about the FC/FDS/NES library. I have spent a lot of time digging into the library and history over the last many years and it just seems like there’s always some new stone to overturn and new things to find. I hadn’t heard of Chack n Pop until now, either.

Chack n Pop is okay. It’s really only a special game due to the inclusion of what later became Bubble Bobble/Bust-A-Move characters.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m intrigued by that family tree.

I use UGC cases and print the covers on Red River Paper. I’ve since sold my games and now just use the cases as decoration,lol.

Lol. That’s pretty awesome you keep the boxes on display.

After seeing them in person I really like the BitBoxes from Stoneagegamer. Thought they would be a lot flimsier then they are and it is what I’m going to use when I go for boxing up my games.

I thought that too after seeing the photos. Are they better than the standard clamshell ones from the likes of retrogamecases.com ?

I like them more then those, but I’ve still yet to buy any. Like I said though, when I do get cases for my caseless games it is how I’m going to go.

If you sold all your games, why do you have all those PVMs?

Everdrives

Hey KRS any update on small Famicom boxes?

I need some customs made for a few things actually…

Sometimes I want to do the same lol

Unfortunately I still haven’t heard back from him. I did email him a while ago to confirm he got my last email, and he said he did and would get back to me when he had made some samples. That would take some weeks he said but yeah I still haven’t heard back. I’ll try and shoot him an email and we’ll see what he says.

Sorry for not updating this in a few days. I got a reply saying it’s been pretty slow since he’s doing so many new boxes apparently, and that he doesn’t expect the samples for the small boxes to be ready for around another 3 months or so.

Cool thanks dude, well for now we’ll keep looking and asking I guess!