Fire Emblem NES games coming to NA!!! The physical edition looks insane

Here’s my question - do you think this will be playable on a flash cart or do you think this is a full port of the game? It includes new features like rewind and quick save.

I would love to play this on original hardware someday.

Edit: looks like a physical version just contains a download code. Bummer.

2 Likes

That replica cart is a clear shell with no PCB, so I would hazard a guess that it’s not a NES port. If it is, though, and they only put it on the switch, it will only be a matter of days until someone rips it and puts it out there for the internet.

If you’d like to play it in english though, there is a patched rom to find out there (quite easily, mind you).

1 Like

All that physical swag and no physical game. I just don’t get it. Major deal-killing bummer. :frowning:

2 Likes

I meant the actual download file. Yea. But I wonder if the changes to the game means it’s not actually emulation, but a port instead.

1 Like

I still kinda dig it, even though it’s not real.

1 Like

The custom Nintendo Power is a nice touch, especially since it would’ve had a NP feature if it was released in the states.

1 Like

Nintendo is gonna make so fucking much money whenever they inevitably do this with Mother 3.

4 Likes

I hope that happens some day.

1 Like

Yeah, this is really cool. Very encouraging sign.

1 Like

It’s getting to the point with Mother 3 where I can’t remember off the top of my head if they’ve actually released it yet or not, so weird.

1 Like

No, I see the translation is inserted via LUA code in the emulator rather than in the rom it self. Like how game genie codes inject code into the game without modifying the actual game itself.
Rip the rom, and you get the untranslated unaltered Japanese Game.

If you want to download a English Translation, you may as well go to Romhacking .net and get the ISP patch.

Also the Cart is just a clear paper weight.

The game is going to be emulated, as it’s the easiest way to get the game working on the Switch.

1 Like

Has that been confirmed anywhere? Has the release leaked?

I understand that’s the approach taken by NERD for Super Mario 3D All-Stars for changes to the games running there but there’s no reason to expect that to be the case for this game. In the past for example we’ve seen M2 make a full on translated romhack for Trials of Mana, rippable for use on real hardware and even reproduction cartridge.

Yeah, I’m curious to see how the game has been packaged up, now that there isn’t a Virtual Console template to drop them in. Earthbound Beginnings/Mother was the last time they did this I think, but those were very different times.

oh my god nintendoes post this up for sale on amazon or somewhere already, this shit is only in the hands of scalpers now

Meanwhile in NZ it’s still not even sold out :rofl:

1 Like

…i might gotta DM you

1 Like