Greatest Hits Packaging/Boxes - Do you hate them? Which are the best/worst ones?

They don’t bother me much. Nintendo does the best ones, although I don’t like their 3DS/Wii U versions.

The absolute worse were the Xbox Platinum hits ones lol.

I can’t stand greatest hits packaging. this is the reason I still don’t own symphony of the night. hard to find the black labels these days.

I am actually an oddball who seeks out Greatest Hits / Platinum Hits versions of games where possible. I can feel a little better about the game being a later, more final revision that way.

That said, the PS1, PS2, PS3, Gamecube, and Wii/WiiU packaging is all good. Xbox/360 Platinum Hits are lame. Always have been, always will be. I love the green Xbox cases and they dropped the ball by switching them out on their cheap titles.

Also, I think packaging for games is at it’s worst since the SNES days with cardboard boxes. Blu-ray cases are just paper-thin these days.

I hate the Xbox 360 ones because they just couldn’t make up their minds on how it would be styled. There’s a total of like, 6 different spine styles for Xbox, and half of them are Platinum variations.

I like the Sega All Stars ones because there aren’t really too many of them, and they’re also the really good games usually. So, I’m fine with having them separated on a shelf.