Nintendo Gamecube |OT| Nintendo's Original Console on the Go

Okay that sounds amazing, I had planned to make up some of his multiuse pcbs but if I can just run the AVR code on an Arduino then that’s going to save a lot of time! I’ve got an AVR programmer (USBasp) on the way. Is it just a case of hooking it up and then uploading it via the right software?

Do you have pics of your adapter? always great to see projects like this.

Awesome ! I have a few arudinos kicking around that I was going to use for controller projects. I already have one of the raphnet classic controller - GameCube adapters but I love tinkering and learning.

My adapter is two controller extensions with the ends cut off taped together with a blob of tape in the middle. Not much to see.

I actually ended up buying an official one because I had made mine before Raph had an actual atmel168 port and I must have messed something up when porting his atmel8 avr over and it very occasionally had a phantom left input that was bugging me, and I didn’t have time to correct my own. I actually made it mostly so that I could configure my own button map but the Raphnet adapter got an updated version with much better button remaps for gameboy player.

When I did this a few years ago it was with Eclipse and a plugin for AVR development/debugging plus some command line stuff to actually send it to the arduino over usb, but it looks like Atmel Studio makes it easier to do all that these days.

1 Like

Appreciate the info, I think I’ll mess around and see if I can get something working!

My controllers no longer rumble when plugged into the P1 port on my GCN. It randomly stopped working last night.

Anyone ever encounter this before? I have a spare GCN so if I can’t fix it, I can swap it out. But I’m still hoping there’s a fix.

The controller otherwise works perfectly.

Does the Rumble work in the other ports?

I came across this: https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1026

Fix was cleaning the contacts but if your other controller is rumbling it might be something else. The rumble motor needs 5v, so assuming the motor is okay it could be something wrong with internal wiring or maybe a fuse (not sure if the ports are individually fused) inside the GC’s controller board?

Cleaned the port (actually just rubbed it with a dry q-tip) and it works now. Must’ve been dusty or something.

1 Like

Glad to hear. When you’ve got the chance you should give all your cables and connectors a good swab including your AV stuff.

Just realised the word “swab” sounds icky in that context lol.

Lmao just need to check if your consoles have caught anything

1 Like

Recently added in RE2+3 and today CVX finally arrived so I now have a complete set.

4 Likes

Also I got Killer 7! Kinda forgot about it but yeah needs a quick cleaning.

2 Likes

How is killer 7? I’ve always been curious about it

Don’t read anything. Just play it. Thank me later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do this. All of it.

Just stumbled upon a really nice video tutorial on making the Gameboy Player work with just a copy of Windwaker and a softmodded Wii.

I think this is the best solution for playing games on your Gameboy Player.

1 Like

I’m definitely going to try the Game Boy Interface working for mine for Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games.

I started playing PSO on Gamecube using a Carby on my LG C8 and ran into an Al Rappy. In all my years of playing this game, I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen one. It must be the Carby.

2 Likes

Nice pics, also, where did you get the Carby from?

I got it from Insurrection Industries.