Nintendo Switch Homebrew and Emulation Thread of DO NOT USE HOMEBREW ON THE SWITCH, YOU WILL GET BANNED

PSP XL? Game changer!

aw yeah

Once all the kinks get ironed out, a switch with lakka will be the best emulation handheld around. Very early days so far, but its ran everything I’ve thrown at it without any issues.

Very exciting to imagine where we’ll be a year from now

Now just to wait on a proper controller for it and it will be perfect.

I dunno why I keep getting excited about new ways to play the same shit I’ve been playing for decades…BUT I DO.

So I just installed RetroArch on my Switch. I used a RCMloader dongle that cost £9.

Glorious seeing these games on Switch.

This means I’ll likely stop using my SNES Mini for RetroArch, just because I prefer to have a one-fits-all solution.

I’ll keep my N3DS updated because that’s handy when I want to be more care free than to take my Switch on the road or in a bag.

Now to decide which CRT shader I will use for some platforms.

Here’s RetroArch’s PCSX ReARMed core running on my Switch.

I’m using the Lottes Fast CRT shader.

CPU underclocked at 80%

https://www.instagram.com/p/BucZbkDlzE6/

2 Likes

That looks really cool!

PSA

Switch homebrew/CFW 60fps patches

Patches available for a lot of Unreal and Unity games

Switch versions of these games seem locked to 30fps for performance reasons. But FPS seems changeable through simple config files. Only worth doing this if you’re going to overclock your Switch for those games and see the benefit.

You can also use homebrew called ReverseNX which reverses the logic so Switch thinks it’s in handheld mode when docked and vice versa, so while docked you can run lower qualIty graphics at 60fps rather than higher quality at 30fps

Yet to try this myself.

So I tried it.

The patches work. Not sure how often it’s 60 in Redout’s case, but definitely faster most of the time when overclocked on handheld profile.