RetroArch - one for many

RA and more homebrew on Xbox One without using developer mode!

https://gamr13.github.io

1. You need to add your email address for whitelisting, which are updated daily.
  2. Then you go to edge browser on console, click a button and it installs.
  3. Boom.

Just done this! So easy.

RetroArch runs better on my Xbox One S than any of my other computers or devices.

Really happy!

Good to hear it punches above its weight on Xbox One, Iā€™m actually pretty surprised given its weak CPU cores! Do you know if it can tap into the full power of the Xbox Series X?

I believe it can. Donā€™t quote me on that.

After extended play the CPU on my One S was lacking compared to my Asus mini PC. But GPU is better on One S.

Yes, it can, and it does so very well. It makes the Series S very tempting for emulation aloneā€¦

1 Like

Welcome to the site!

1 Like

Thank you! Been lurking for a while, had nothing to say until yesterday. Hereā€™s a playlist from a YouTuber who has been making how to videos on the subject:

My GOODNESS!

RetroArch can be frustrating at times.

Decided to boot up the Wii to play some quick old gold Mega Drive:

• SRAM saving broken (1.9.2)
    (upgrade)
  • loading ROMs inside .7z broken (1.9.10)
    (downgrade)
  • rewind broken (all versions)
  • load/save states broken (all versions)
  • sound is worse than it used to be (all versions)

Gave up and went to bed.

Real hardware for the win :slightly_smiling_face:

I love RA to death (never used it much on Wii), but man it is just too much to set up sometimes.

For me it mostly comes down to trying to tweak latency settings as far as I can, which usually leads me to one or more roadblock, which when solved means some compromise.

I have had a lot of trouble with Vulkan rendering working properly, along with input mapping sometimes forgetting all of my controllers.

But when you have everything set up, it is really sweet.

I stumbled across a simplified RetroArch for Wii called RA-SS or RA-HEXAECO. It removes all menu options that donā€™t make sense on Wii - cool - and adds some new options - kinda cool.

But itā€™s not part of the main RetroArch ecosystem so the cores are old and unfortunately the PicoDrive core still has a problem with SRAM that Iā€™d reported a while ago and which has since been fixed on the main repo.

So, yeah, a nice endeavour but not quite the right execution.

So much stuff is broken on Wii which is a shame because 240p and 480p and nice range of controllers. Iā€™ve reported multiple bugs but itā€™ll be months before theyā€™re fixed.

Does anyone know if any of the shaders (I am using Slang with Vulkan) on Retroarch use the variable width scanlines? Iā€™m not sure if there is an official name for it, but the scanlines that vary in width between bright and dark area.

Right now I am using Dr Venomā€™s Kurozumi preset with some tweaks, but I am just curious since I have seen so much progress with shaders on the Rt5x and on MiSTer.