SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Ultimate Doom - PC - 240p downscale

6 Likes

Finally found a spare moment to play some Mega CD. Shots from a PVM20L2 via RGB from my model 1 MD.

I never owned one back in the day so it’s been so much fun to discover what an amazing (clunky) piece of hardware it is. It has a region free bios installed but I find it’s easier just to use my x7 to load the bios.

9 Likes

Gorgeous shots!

1 Like

What’s your setup for this? Looks cool.

Awesome. I’m jealous of your Sonic CD shots. It’s on my bucket list.

1 Like

I’m using a GBS scaler to downscale 480p to 240p and an UMSA to connect to the trinitron via SCART

A little bit of Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact on the Sega Dreamcast with S-Video connected to my new JVC TM-H1950C.

10 Likes

Backgrounds are so much better than 3rd Strike!

1 Like

Absolutely! It’s the same way I feel about mvc1 and mvc2!

@DJtheGamer Agreed, MvC1 >> MvC2, it’s nice art mapped to 3d tho but the art direction is poor

Oniken - PC - 240p downscale

Rocket Knight - PC - 240p downscale

Still sort of looks like trash but nicer trash

4 Likes

It’s actually a bit of a nostalgia trip to go back because while I have played SCD it was the clunky win95 version which was missing some effects and had the American OST. I’ve only cleared a couple of zones so far (love the save feature) but I’m loving the JP OST.

TMNT of Rage (SoR 2 rom hack) | MiSTer Genesis core | PVM-14L2

7 Likes

I’ve been meaning to give that hack a go - how is it!?

Great shots too - love the 600TVL of the 14L2

I only played the first stage last night, but it’s really good so far.

I think my UMSA is busted, no longer can I output to my Trinitron :confused: Last shots taken before it died

4 Likes

I came across this Final Fight hack in mame. It lets you play as different enemies and changes some pickups to power ups. Also some palette swaps. Not sure what it’s exactly called.

5 Likes

^Tate final fight looks fine as hell

SF4 - 240p downscale

KOF 12 - 240p downscale

6 Likes

How’d you downscale it?!!! What system are you playing them on? Beautiful!

1 Like

I’m using a GBS scaler.

Both are the 360 versions downscaled from 480p. KOF12/13 look amazing on a 15khz screen. I think I prefer it over outputting it to any high def option I have available to me. There are small widescreen borders with these 16:9 aspect ratio fighters but it doesn’t bother me too much.

1 Like

Thank you, how easy is it to downscale to 240p?