SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Thanks for following up!

Yup this is exactly my setup too (different transcoder though I think)

only thing about the GBS-C is that the picture is slightly dim (though you can increase the gain) and it automatically squished the picture to 4:3 if it isn’t already, with quite a bit of horizontal overscan. I’ve found you can’t really increase the vertical sizing once the signal has been downscaled

1 Like

I’ve noticed that myself. How did you go about increasing the gain?

you can do it manually, I think it’s in the Preferences menu, or what I like to do is toggle the Auto AFC Gain. seems like it adjusts dynamically, usually starting out dimmer. still not ideal but it’s ok

Shatterhand on NES. Also known as Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain in Japan on Famicom. Beat it once in summer of 2004.
Setup:
Nintendo AV Famicom NESRGB modded + Shatterhand cartridge + Samsung Tantus Flat CS-15K8MJQ with native RGB Scart input.
Photo: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.

8 Likes

Most of us here know this game, but outside of the enthusiast realm, this is a real hidden gem for the system.

4 Likes

That’s nice. I know this game as Solbrain.

1 Like

Character icons from Gall Force: Eternal Story on Famicom Disc System, in my case i am playing cartridge port variant + English patch.
Setup:
Nintendo AV Famicom NESRGB modded + cartridge + Samsung Tantus Flat CS-15K8MJQ CRT TV with native Scart input.
Photo: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.

5 Likes

So nice to see Kenichi Sonoda’s character designs given the ‘240p’ treatment

1 Like

Just some goofing around from me on the 20L2:

6 Likes

some character portraits from Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

8 Likes

Great shots!

4 Likes

Testing a new cable I got for my softmodded OG Xbox from a seller on ebay who modifies 360 component cables to work for the original, so I can use the digital audio and get the 5.1 sound in supported games.

Below is The Warriors at 720p, Burnout 3 480p, and the UIX Lite dashboard at 480i through a GBS-C into OSSC, low scanlines. The TV is an LG C1 I got at the end of last year I love this screen so far and the BFI feature is so great for 60fps games, although you can see the screen is very reflective lol pardon the ceiling fan light being so visible

4 Likes

been enjoying Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories on the PS1. gameplay is a bit unfair and tedious, but I love the atmosphere and cutscenes, some great handrawn art

6 Likes

Does black frame insertion benefit 3D games too? For some reason I thought it was mainly beneficial for 2D games only

1 Like

Anything 60fps. Like here in Burnout 3 as long as the game’s own blur filter isn’t taking over you can make out so much more detail in things whizzing by you

1 Like

Character avatars from SNES Biker Mice From Mars game. Made by Konami. Nice Rock’n Roll Racing “clone”.
Setup:
Super Famicom SHVC-001 with Scart RGB cable (csync) + FXPAK PRO + Samsung Plano CS15K8MJQ CRT TV with native Scart input.
Photos by Samsung camcorder HMX-R10BP/XER

5 Likes

Some shots of Swat Kats: Radical Squadron on SNES, made by Hudson Soft. Released only in States.
The game is a mix of platformer and Mode7 Turbokat Fighter Jet shooting stages (boss stages)
Setup:
Super Famicom SHVC-001 with Scart RGB cable (csync) + FXPAK PRO + Samsung Plano CS15K8MJQ
Photos by Samsung camcorder HMX-R10BP/XER

6 Likes

Retrotink 5Xpro out putting in 2K looks really good for Game Cube in Progressive scan.

I was originally running the Retrotink x5 Pro outputting 1080p full screen but some filters still look clunky to me. 2K mode looks fantastic. It’s just a shame the 4K mode is limited to 24fps on the x5Pro.

3 Likes

Chaos Break on the PSX via RGB in to the Retro Tink 5Xpro upscaled to 2k then out put on to a 4K screen. Looks fantastic!

8 Likes