SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

So good… clonking two heads in that game never gets old.

Akumajou Dracula X, aka Castlevania Rondo of Blood. CoreGrafx with Super SD System 3 via RGB to Framemeister at 720p

6 Likes

Looks really good.

Is this playable on a Mega Everdrive?

Been meaning to post some more pics of this game myself.

As far as I know, it’s only for PC, original Xbox, and MacOS, sadly. This looks like the latest release.

http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t27-downloads-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-1-ports-and-soundtrack

I’m no programmer but it totally looks like something doable on Saturn or maybe even an oversize 32X cart. I’m sure it would probably be a huge task to port and make it work but I do hope it happens with the resurgence of SoR interest that should come with SoR4.

1 Like

Ah, I read it’s entirely programmed from scratch and doesn’t reverse engineer or use any code from the originals! I think an everdrive port could be technically possible as it doesn’t look more complex than the troubled PAPRIUM.

A few more 240p Switch screens. I really love the way Shovel Knight looks on this set up.

6 Likes

That looks fantastic

1 Like

Perfect!

Looks like such a great setup. I hope to pick up this device someday.

One thing I’d love to use this for would be using it with the video-out mod for 3DS games so that they can be played in native res on a CRT. I doubt anyone has done that, but I bet it looks cool.

1 Like

That would be super cool!

Thanks! It has been a lot of fun playing around with this stuff. I’ll be posting more soon.

Just some of what I’ve been playing recently.

3 Likes

Sayonara

8 Likes

Grandia - SegaSaturn - RGB/ OSSC/ Elgato Gamecapture HD

4 Likes

Love these shots!

@Danexmurder can you take a screen shot of you how have your setup with the Corio 2 and the USP 405/? I had a Corio 2 as well and recently picked up a 405 off ebay and for the life of me when I run it Laptop HDMI > HD Fury 2 Adapter (also tried the HDMI adapter you have) into the Input 1 on the 405 and then VGA out into the Corio2 I do not get a signal. If I run it the other way with the laptop into the Corio 2 and then 405 to PVM I get a picture but it is splitting the image down the center which I imagine is some weird sync issue.

If you can take a screen shot of how you routed the cables and what you have your 405 Input setting on (RGB, RGBsv) etc. that would be awesome.

Thanks man.

1 Like

Hey, glad you’re giving this a shot! It’s worrh it once you have it up and running. Very first thing you should do is go give this post over at Shmups a thorough read.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63226

I’m out and about at the moment so I’ll have to take a couple shots later. It sounds to me like you’re still getting 480p if your screen is split down the middle.

I’ll get back to you ASAP on the hook up.

Thanks man. I actually bought my corio2 from the OP over at shmups when he posted on Reddit. It is definitely in 240p when I don’t run it through the extron.

Do you have the extron out to 640x480p? I have it and my laptop both outti g 480p into the corio2 which downscales to 240p

1 Like

Yep, when I first hooked it up I ran 1080p into the 405and scaled it to 640x480. Output RGBS into the Corio to scale down to 240p. I am running all of my stuff RGBS.

I ended up taking my USP 405 out of the loop at the moment because I wanted to really dial that in on its own first. You may want to do that just to get it dialed. From there bring the USP back into the loop.

I gave it another shot tonight, if you can take a photo of the back of your 405 that would be appreciated. I can’t get a signal from the HDMI adapter with it plugged into either input on far left of unit.