SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Once the board has been modded with GBS Control it’s just a case of turning on the downscale feature and putting in a 480p signal. Downscale isn’t working great on the VGA input but it’s fine with component.

Looks almost like pixel art in screenshots.

1 Like

Breath of Fire IV // PlayStation via PlayStation 2 Phat // PVM 1354Q // HD Retrovision Component Cables

5 Likes

A little Street Fighter Collection action through the Monster Power PowerCenter HTS3500 MKII, Sega Saturn, Retro-Bit S-Video Cable, JVC JX-S777 AV Selector, Monster Cable S-Video Cable, and JVC AV-27D305.

9 Likes

[cross post from the NES thread]

Super Glove Ball | NESRGB | PVM-1954Q

4 Likes

X-Men Mutant Apocalypse | MiSTer SNES core | PVM-14L2

6 Likes

Rollerball on Famicom (1988, Hal Lab)

4 Likes

Any good? I’ve never played it.

1 Like

Well, it plays like Alien Crush on PC Engine. Ball physics are top notch for NES / Famicom.

1 Like

A little SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos action through the Monster Power PowerCenter HTS3500 MKII, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Xbox OEM S-Video Cable, and Sony PVM-14M2U.

11 Likes

Contra (JPN) | NESRGB | PVM-1954Q

5 Likes

Sonic the hedgehog on sony pfm 42v1

3 Likes

Awesome shots!

1 Like

Is that linedoubled? It’s hard to tell. It’s got a unique look.

1 Like

I am using a reverseaa shader in retroarch in 1024p , its the maximum resolution of the monitor

1 Like

Interesting. I knew something looked different!

1 Like

Would love to see some more NESRGB shots. I think NES at 600TVL via RGB is perfection.

2 Likes

Thanks! I try to grab some shots every couple days, but not always NES or on the 1954Q.

I have a few NESRGB posts in this thread. I had it modded prior to this forum’s creation so anything in here is RGB on the 1954Q.

It’s funny, I have envied the higher TVL sets, but sometimes (aka now) you need to step back and appreciate what you have.

2 Likes

G.I. Joe | NESRGB | PVM-1954Q

5 Likes

Some 480p views. Wii>component to vga transcoder>Viewsonic p815.

Wind Waker
This face…so good

Metroid Prime:
Cool mirror effect. Reminded me of Duke 3D actually.

I think Retro Studios already solved this generational slur.

And Katamari on PS2 is really cool.
I think I came across it first at a Video Game history expo in Melbourne, and thought, “hey, that’s pretty a pretty whacky game”, but I never really followed it up. The original never released here in Australia, and only recently I imported a copy from the US.

No lines, but it is a nice shot of the crt.
‘Baba is You’ on PC is a very interesting puzzle game. It’s really challenging my logical and lateral thinking.

5 Likes