Sega Saturn |OT| - Playin' Saturn each day keeps Segata away!

We only got one here in IL a few years ago. Good prices, but its a real crapshoot as to whether they have good stuff sometimes.

Been playing a lot of Daytona

Man this soundtrack is amazing

2 Likes

I have that PSU in my JPN Saturn, I can tell you it’s fine, easy to install, I’ve had no problems with it.

1 Like

Just ordered one!

Looking forward to finally getting my Saturn up and running.

1 Like

That’s good. A good thing about it is the J3 pins on the board output the 3.3v, 5v, 9v & 12v & you get a connector with cable that you can plug into it so it gives you all the voltages you could ever need for any mods etc.

1 Like

I’ve barely played the game but the OST, as you said, is amazing!

You need to check out the Takenobu Mitsuyoshi video @DaveLong posted in the YouTube Doc thread.

Oh nice!

I think I’m just going to start off with a recap and a phantom mod chip. I’m in the order queue for a Satiator but I’m not sure if I want to spend that much.

Sorry for the double post but can anyone recommend the best way to go for a RAM cart? there’s a few out there and I’m not really sure which way to go.

These guys are super common and work well. They have 4MB RAM as well as region unlocking. They can be used as save storage, and they can also do cheat codes.

1 Like

I use this one and it works perfectly. Allowing you to play imports is a huge bonus too.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that some SNK games that needs the 1MB RAM cart have glitches when using the AR+.

If those games are in your wishlist, I recommend carts that have a switch to change the 4MB and 1MB modes (like the HK Pseudo Saturn cart).

1 Like

Thanks! - I can see they’re available everywhere. Is there a recommended place to pick them up?

Hm, eBay or Aliexpress I guess? Build quality should be the same.

1 Like

Did anyone pick up a Satiator? I was in the Patreon queue and I ended up taking the plunge. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Satiator on general release

https://www.patreon.com/posts/46302659

3 Likes

Nice one. Order placed.

damn tempting, shame i just upgraded my everdrives…gonna go in on this later this year, i think. the ability to keep using my discs, or essentially keep a library on a form of an everdrive? and it’s plug & play? shit yes!

1 Like

Exactly why I bought one. Being able to keep my CD drive installed is a massive bonus. I’ll be using the cart for beta games, demos and homebrew. No more cdr punishment for my Saturn.

1 Like

This will pair very nicely with my model 1 saturn which I do not ever want to open up unless I need to - funny thing is, I have had access to pre-order from them for a month now, but Im reluctant. Waiting on more impressions I guess.

Either way, with this and mode being less fiddly than the completely hoop-jumping Phoebe (in terms of file management), Im glad we’ve no poverty of options for Saturn enjoyment these days.

1 Like

meant to ask: if i intend to buy a satiator this year, is there presumably any hurry to do so? any idea if it’s expected to stay regularly stocked, or possibly be an absolute bastard to find down the road like so many of these things have been

3 Likes