The official Retro Core / Battle of the Ports thread

The worst fighting game ever on this week’s Battle of the Ports!

3 Likes

Hahahaha, I know you said you were going to showcase an awful game, but I sure didn’t expect this one!

I remember seeing ads for Human Killing Machine in video game magazines and thinking it looked rather cool. Still pictures can be deceptive, though. Imagine my disgust when I finally saw the game in action!

Well, at least the SID music is pretty good.

1 Like

Indeed. The game is utter tripe and next to impossible to play. Awful game. But yeah, you are right about the SID tunes being cool.

1 Like

Finally, the true Street Fighter II gets its chance to shine!

2 Likes

Portable HDR gaming monitor - Any good?

This week we are taking a look at Robocop 3 on Battle of the Ports

3 Likes

Haha, seems like you’ve been in quite a masochistic mood lately. Please continue, it’s very amusing :grin:

What a crummy game. At least the Mega Drive version looks a bit more fun than repeatedly getting kicked in the face by a guy with rusty needles taped to his shoes.

2 Likes

I played both SNES and Genesis versions…Genesis is quite better but still not that great. I was able to beat the Genesis version at least. The SNES version is stupidly difficult and not fun at all, not to mention it doesn’t even have continues(unlike Genesis version) so it’s game over once you lose all your lives.

2 Likes

Going old-school with this week’s battle of the ports as we take a look at 1980’s Moon Cresta.

3 Likes

Two weeks ago we looked at the crappy Ocean developed Robocop 3. Now it’s time for the Digital Image Design Robocop 3D.

3 Likes

Quite an impressive game for the time. It was rare to see so much effort being made for a game based on a licensed property.

Are you going to cover the Robocop 3 8-bit games as well?

Pretty funny that there were so many games based on that terrible movie. If I’m not mistaken, most of those games were released before the movie was finished. That was probably a blessing in disguise.

I don’t think I’ll bother with the 8bit games, at least not for now. Maybe once the new modern Robocop games gets a release.
You are right in thinking the games were released before the movie.

1 Like

An early attempt at Virtual Reality?
The Lawnmower man on this week’s Battle of the Ports

2 Likes

You asked for it for so long. Finally it is here.

Battle of the Ports - Doom

4 Likes

Great video!

It’s still sad to see how the Saturn port turned out, especially considering other FPS titles like Exhumed, Quake and Duke Nukem 3D were really solid on Sega’s console.

3 Likes

This is one of the newer “High-end budget” tablets. Is it really any good?

Probably the RPG with the most controversial battle system ever.
Y’s on this week’s Battle of the Ports

1 Like

Just picked up a really nice monitor which is now on Amazon at a great price. Perfect for gaming.

Last week we took a look at Ys, this week it’s Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

1 Like

Micro Machines on this week’s Battle of the Ports

3 Likes