The official Retro Core / Battle of the Ports thread

Since I’m not a fan of RPG’s I’ve never played a single Ys game. However, I’ve purchased dozens of Falcom soundtracks because the music in their games, and Ys in particular, is bloody great! Really underrated, too. People often rave on about the music of popular series like Final Fantasy, but I think nothing comes close to those classic Ys tunes!

Anyway, nice videos once again :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Just bought a new 4K webcam, but did I buy a stinker?

Sniping action this week with Battle of the Ports

1 Like

We all loved this game back in the day buy how is it now? Battle Arena Toshinden 2 on this week’s Battle of the Ports.

1 Like

Strap in for some fast dogfighting action with Sega’s unofficial Afterburner II follow-up.

1 Like

EZ-Flash Junior - Is it better than the competition?

New life in Japan, out now.

Before Tekken had you controlling different limbs with buttons, there was Crazy Climber!

2 Likes

Street Fighter 6 is out but let’s be honest, the controllers that come with the PS5 and Series X / S kind of suck for fighting games. But I do like a control pad, so what is the solution?

1 Like

I just watched your video on YT and was wondering, are you using that controller on PC only or on SeriesX/PS5 too? I’m on SX and currently rocking a Fighting Commander Octa (Hori) which I find decent enough but I feel like the overall experience could be improved.

I’ve tried it on PS4 and Series X wireless and wired but it doesn’t work on those systems. Maybe it will via an adapter? I’m using it for PC emulation and Street Fighter 6 on PC.

1 Like

Oh no, they got me. the awesome Miyoo Mini Plus

Back when Sega were not afraid to try something new!
Battle of the Ports - Panzer Dragoon

3 Likes

Another big chunky phone. These things are getting better and better.

A game that used a page 3 girl in the ads! (for those who are not British, a page 3 girl is a topless model on page 3 of a newspaper)

3 Likes

More page 3 action on this week’s Battle of the Ports with Barbarian II

2 Likes

With Dial of Destiny being out pretty much all over the world, it seems only fitting to do an Indiana Jones BOTP.

1 Like

I’m Batman…

2 Likes

The Retro Monster, but is it really a monster?

Last week we looked at Batman Forever. Now it’s time for Batman Forever The Arcade Game. Is it a better game?

3 Likes