Video Game Music |OT| - Not just Robot Farts and 5-Second Loops!

Honestly i just wish Sakimoto would make more chiptune stuff today. Kingdom grand prix was on point too.

Wish I could find out the music composer for this pc engine hucard game. A hidden gem maybe?

Nice and fairly new VGM podcast.

It seems to be a game to go alongside with a drama series? Developer KSS Inc. So if you can find something else from them in the same era it might give you some clues? https://necretro.org/KSS

Maybe the credits are in the ROM? Or you can cheat to see the Staff Roll?

There was also a MegaDrive version. As far as I can see the was no staff roll on that game?
http://iza-namakura.hateblo.jp/entry/2018/01/14/200000

listening to the Lunar Silver star podcast and slightly disappointed that most of the tracks of 32-bit Lunar Silver Star Story complete are of PSX version and not so much SS ver…mind you to be honest I don’t think there is much difference between the PSX and SS versions audio wise however Lunar 2 EB will definitely diverge.

Data Discs releases Space Harrier tomorrow, I’m all over that one.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Mr. Tallarico’s Terminator Soundtrack lately.

Both it and the batman game on Sega CD were too hard for me, but have great soundtracks.

Bomberman '93 for pce/tg-16 has I think some of the best Bomberman pc engine chip tunes mostly because I feel were more ambitious and have am irresistible catchy optimism

Hey, listen! Here’s some music from the T&E SOFT golf games for PC-98.

I wished T&E made a golf game for the pce… :confused:

my fave all time golf track would be…

Dragon Saber. Arcade VS pc engine

Stage 2 - Volcano

Stage 3 - Fossil

Stage 4 - Wastelands

This song just fits the desolate ice age stage so well. I’d defeintely recommend looking at the entire World Heroes Perfect OST is you’re interested.

I’m copying a link to the tweet since I want to give credit to the person who showed it to me.

That “Mega Answer” OST is giving major Phantasy Star vibes… Which is a good thing.

A couple of the tracks taken from the MSX game Pardius - SCC is emulated on pc engine. Recorded from real pc engine hardware too and mixed in DaVinci.

Has anyone developed an MSU-1 style upgrade for Genesis games? Maybe tricking the game/console into thinking the cart has Sega CD audio? Was just watching a video that mentioned MSU-1 hacks and it got me thinking. There are a ton of sweet Genesis remixes and CD quality covers out there.

I don’t think so. Personally, I’m not sure I’d want remixes of Genesis music; the MSU-1 soundtracks I’ve heard on the SNES have been pretty lackluster :confused:

I just had this delicered today, the packaging is amazing, with tons of artwork, and a 22 page booklet with more art and interviews/liner notes! Well done Brave Wave. The rearrangements sound really good so far too (only listened to one side).