What you all doing with the XB1/PS4 consoles?

I was planning on buying the new Xbox series X, but it’s a car crash right now & I’m certainly not going to pay £230 for an extra “1TB” SSD.
(My Xbox one S 1TB is already full!) I can’t see the internal 1TB on the series X lasting long.

I built a new gaming PC instead, I built my previous one in 2013 and it has served me well, managed to sell it to a friend to help pay towards the new PC.
My Xbox one S is still under the TV, the kids use it more than me now, I have game pass ultimate anyway which gives me access on the PC too, so for the foreseeable future it’s staying where it is.

You’ll laugh but… we traded them in :sweat_smile: They actually gave us decent coin for a very tired PS4 Pro and more than we paid for a lightly used One S, so it was a no brainer. We still have another Pro in the garage and a One X somewhere else so it’s not like we don’t have some to keep, but the trade value was so ridiculous it paid for most of the new consoles anyway.

1 Like

I’ll be keeping my PS4. I’ll use it for PSVR, because as of now, gen 2 PS VR doesn’t pass 4K HDR at 120HZ, so my PS5 suffers if I hook it up through that.

I hooked my PS4 Pro up to my CRT set up.

I sold My One X for a good price that went towards my Series X

Badass. Got any 240p Rocket League footage? lol

1 Like

Ha! Nope, never fell down that particular rabbit hole but I did post a few shots from Bloodborne!

My only gripe with this set up is that strangely the PS4 Pro dropped 480p support. I was hoping to play PS4 games on my VGA CRT that I haven’t posted about here yet…

I generally hold on to consoles (and games) indefinitely, but if space becomes an issue I’ll prioritize.

I really only bought a PS4 to play Tetris Effect and there have been a few other games that have managed to catch my attention on it. So it will stick around in a prominent place for a while longer. But I have fewer games for it than any other system, perhaps a sign of my waning interest in modern gen stuff.

Kinda glad I didn’t bother with a PS4Pro. I’ll pick up a PS5 eventually (hopefully when it’s smaller and cheaper), but really not feeling it.

I don’t plan on getting a XSX or PS5 anytime soon - probably wait for a mid-gen refresh - but when I do I plan on keeping my XOX and PS4 Pro. I also have an OG Xbox One I kept when I upgraded to the XOX earlier this year.

There are two main reasons I plan on keeping my previous-gen Xbox consoles around: 1) For Kinect backwards compatibility, and 2) OneGuide/OTA support. And for my PS4 Pro, it’s: 1) Remote Play with the Vita (although I think the PS5 now supports this), and 2) P.T.

Oh, I got the psvr breakout box, but didn’t even think about that.

I picked up a PS5 at launch but ended up selling it to someone I know who wanted it more than me. Don’t think I will be buying another anytime soon. Was planning on getting rid of my pro when I do, but that’s a very good reason to keep it.