[WIP] Attempting the internet's definitive list of PS2-exclusives

• Touge 3 (developed by Cave - called Road Rage 3 outside of Japan)
  • 街道バトル2 (Kaidou Battle 2) CHAIN REACTION (developed by Genki, released in Europe by Konami under the name Kaido Racer)
1 Like

I had no idea Cave did those touge racing games past the Saturn. Their non-shmup library is very poorly documented

I think I’ve got all of those touge games.

From my PS2 collection we’re missing

• Buile Baku: Neo Trance Puzzle Game
    • (aka Detonator)
  • Enjoy Golf!
    • (aka Eagle Eye Golf)
  • Golf Paradise
    • (aka Swing Away Golf)
  • Golf Paradise DX
    • (Japan-only enhanced release)
  • Disney Golf
    • (kind of a branded Golf Paradise 3; the last ever T&E SOFT home console golf game :sob:)

url

• Drift Champ
    • Haven’t played this but it looks like a racing game with a scenario mode. Developed by Tamsoft who used Criterion’s RenderWare engine.
  • Choro Q HG 4
  • Choro Q Works
  • Chulip
    • Game from ex-Love de Lic developers at Punchline before they’d go on to make Chibi Robo. Shares some mechanics with their previous work Moon: ReMix RPG Adventure
  • Zettai Zetsumei Toshi (aka Disaster Report aka SOS: The Final Escape)
  • Disaster Report 2 (aka Raw Danger)
  • Sakurazaka Shouboutai (Firefighting game by Irem)
  • GrimGrimoire (sidescrolling RTS by VanillaWare, inspired by StarCraft)
  • Abarenbou Princess (Alfa System developed RPG)

Exclusive Compilations:

• All Taito Memories games (except Pocket). These were Japan-only PS2 compilations produced in-house by Taito, separately to the international multi-platform Taito Legends releases

I didn’t include Disaster Report or RAW Danger from my collection because they got PS3 re-releases? See note at bottom of OP.

I’d forgotten about this rule, if emulation via PS2 Classics on PS3 doesn’t count then discount Chulip as well.

Given the mismatch between regional releases across PS2 Classics on PS3 I would encourage the OP to reconsider. A large proportion of the games were not made available in all regions the PS2 discs were printed in.

If someone’s willing to outsource the work…

Yeah! I’m happy to contribute to a list of exclusive PS2 games that are also available emulated on classics in at least one region. We can have a new category for that I guess?

Yeeeep!

I checked my library a few to add to the list:

Contra Shattered Soldier
Downhill Domination
Fantavision
Godhand
Grandia Extreme
King of Colosseum Red and Green
Maximo and the Army of Zin
Mark of Kri
Riding Spirits
Rygar
Sub Rebellion
Singstar 90’s

Some of these are on other systems like Contra Shattered Soldier, God Hand and Maximo and the Army of Zin are on PS3, The Mark of Kri is on PS3 and PS4, Rygar is on the Wii, etc.

Nice

Downhill Domination already on the list.

Ah!

It seems Moby Games have done this whilst this thread has been ticking along.

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/console-generation-exclusives-playstation-2
(currently at 717 games)

They also have other similar collections
https://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=Console+Generation+Exclusive&p=-1&search=Go&sFilter=1&sGG=on

Covering these consoles:

• SNES
  • MegaDrive
  • PS1
  • Saturn
  • N64
  • GC
  • DC
  • PS2
  • PS3
  • PS4
  • Xbox One

So feels like they are still working through them.

1 Like

Missing:

• Flying Circus: RC Copter Adventure Championship (Japan)
    aka RC Sports: Copter Challenge (PAL)

Very little known game.

It’s not on MobyGames, but is on GameFAQs

1 Like

Here’s one I rented long ago.

Stitch Experiment 626:
Disney's_Stitch_Experiment_626_cover

Also one of the few fully original PS2 games that runs entirely in 240p the only other I’m aware of being ICO

1 Like

What on earth? That’s pretty awesome!

1 Like

Not really similar at all though. Look at this from Moby Games “exclusive” list criteria here:

Things that don’t disqualify game from being added to this group:

• If the game originated on a computer or a handheld of same or earlier generation
  • If game is released on console of later generation than this one

Not very exclusive unless your talking for that generation of consoles only.

It is similar, but not the a same - don’t shoot the messenger :wink:

The first one makes no sense. Crazy!

The second one I agree with. If it’s the exact PS2 version running on PS3 as part of archives/classics series.

The double negative “don’t disqualify” is confusing, makes that paragraph so difficult to parse.

1 Like

Haha no worries. I find all these lists very helpful in just discovering games I never knew about so thanks for linking it :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely, I do the same