Let's talk Game Storage.

To be honest my first thought was that they looked like the shelves in my elementary school library. Something like this:

They definitely are in a lot of libraries.

They are also used in storefronts too:

I guess I don’t mind having a bit more of an industrial or perhaps even commercial look to my furniture. I mean… I’m into exposed lighting, loft-like environments and exposed brick too when it comes to home interior design.

I just think the shelves are so minimalist in style that they really could blend well in any environment.

Great suggestion. I will definitely do that!

I love the look and what you’ve done here. I want to believe there’s a cheaper alternative for this look. It seems so simple.

I wonder if you’re patient and a little flexible if you could score some similar (or the same type!) of shelving from those .Gov auctions?

Same here! We had those in our school libraries… I think even the University library uses them. I guess cos they’re sturdy and quite customisable.

Don’t make me cut you. :clown_face: :hocho:

I would but also I am a wood snob. I have had real wood nearly my whole life and it is hard to go back to ikea level furniture.

My plan actually is to convert my guest room closet into an entertainment center. Keeping the doors so I can have 2 or 3 (or 2 CRTs and 1 LCD). I plan on making a custom TV stand with bottom drawers to house my controllers similarly to cut out foam tool boxes. From there I am planning on putting hanging shelves above the tv with plenty of room for storage. I have about 450+ games from all platforms and I am going to reduce significantly when I build out my closet. There are lots of games I just don’t play and I got caught up with buying a lot when I was trying to rebuild my lost collection.

The problem is, we have a leak in our master bath shower so once I figure out how much that is going to cost me to repair I am going to figure out how much budget I have for the materials for my set up. Honestly, I kind of want a HD TV in the mix too so I can tate it.

There are a few alternatives for sure and they look really cool. Particularly the Rakks one. Check this out:

Ultimately, I think the issue she had with it was the railing system that the shelves slide into. I see the upside to the use of it, but the fact is, its very similar to the closet rack systems.

Awesome, I’ll bookmark this for sure. I’ll probably be making a move on my storage soon, I have a master plan to consolidate a few of my CRTs and all of my consoles into one flexible unit. Right now my setup is too spread out and asymmetric.

@Kawika Closet systems were the first thing I found when looking for alternatives. I even remembered that I had one set of old 2’ uprights lying around. I still think this is great for games and such.

Yea I could see that. The racks are killer though. They got a brushed aluminum finish that looks cool in person.

But I totally get why many aren’t into it.