SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Actually I do have something relevant to share:

Pictures of a PC CRT, a 21inches Trinitron with a flat tube.

Battle Chess. 320x200 line doubled (400p)

Tomb Raider 2. 640x480

The same, at 1600x1200 (or was it 2048x1536? Can’t remember)
I like it better with visible scan lines, but I wish it had some anti aliasing. polygons aren’t cools when pixely.!

4 Likes

Demon’s Crest - SNES via RGB cable to Framemeister

Shining in the Darkness - Model 1 Sega Genesis via RGB cable to Framemeister

3 Likes

Sega Saturn RGB to OSSC on Panny Plasma

4 Likes

Pepsi Man! That’s amazing. Now I’ve got the damn Pepsi Man theme in my head.

1 Like

Posting the first picture from my album, at the start of my adult journey in retro collecting! Super Mario Bros running on the not yet RGB-modded AV Famicom on my first PVM (20M4U).

3 Likes

I had Tomb Raider 2 on PC back when it came out in '97, and while I had to play it on 320x240, I remember switching over to 1600x1200 once in a while to see what it would look like. I was blown away by how good it looked, but it also ran at less than 5fps.

If I link to imgur it only shows a blank thumbnail? (my post above). It doesn’t show the full pic like everyone else who I assume are uploading from their local drives.

Let’s try this upload thing then. I took a pic yesterday with my man Goemon. 1chip US mk2 SNES, PVM-20M4E. (and still my crappy cellphone camera which makes everything quite dark)

2 Likes

Ok, let’s see how these fancy new tools work…

Bare Knuckle - Mega Drive (J) + OSSC

I took this one of FFVI to try and disprove that emulator bullshot that people use to try and say a clean RGB image kills off detail.

One of my favs, Castle of Illusion on Sega Master System.

Quick test shot of my JVC, can’t wait to set it up again!

2 Likes

I’m deeply in love with my consumer Sony Trinitron KV-C27. Won’t be going back to the XRGB-Mini anytime soon.

Einhänder (PSone)

Castlevania Chronicles (PSone)

Pocket Fighter (PSone)

7 Likes

yea that’s how I’m doing it. I just dump it into the reply box and wait for it to be uploaded on here.

and voila
SS - Lunar2EB - RGB OSSC

4 Likes

That’s some pixel art right there!

I never knew lunar had such good graphics

Test

Mega, don’t copy and paste the link to the image. Copy and paste the image, itself.

Ooooooh, look at that chroma interference. You’ve got an RGB modded NES/Fami, right?

That was Mega’s picture that wasn’t appearing properly above.

This Saturn version doesn’t have a translation, correct? I hear awful stuff about the PS1 version, and well, Working Designs…