Emulation catching up to real hardware responsiveness

You can also click the “Raw” button at the top of the code window to get a page with the raw text. Then you just use “Save page as…” in your browser.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you all

Playing around with Retroarch on my PC CRT and I had a couple of questions.

1. Is there any reason to run games at 640x480 @ 120Hz over say 1600x1200 @ 60Hz? I don’t suppose there would be but since the rendering frames are shorter I wonder if it affects latency. I can’t notice anything off the bat after trying it once.

2. I’m using the NESmini CRT shader in RA, is there a simple scanline shader with adjustable intensity? Most of the normal CRT shaders like CRT_Royale are not really designed for low res like 480p, but I do miss the scanlines.

1. I’d say it depends what shader you want to use / if you want to use one at all. For systems that don’t do over 240p you could even make a 240p 120hz mode and use no shader. Then for 480i and inbetween content I run my monitor at 2560x480 @ 60 and use the interlacting shader, it can switch between interlacing and adding scanlines for games that switch resolutions too. It’s not a shader preset, you have to add a shader pass and go in to one of the shaders folders -> misc -> and it will be “interlacing.cg\glsl\etc.” I believe the scanlines produced by the interlacing shader are adjustable in intensity, but if you want strictly a scanline shader with the same feature there should be one in that same folder