Favourite Mini Console

Just an observation I’ve made about these here in Japan. When the SNES mini came out, my local recycle shop suddenly had a stack of nice boxed original games - all of which were on the mini. Clearly someone had offloaded them after getting the mini (and I thank them very much as I picked them all up lol). Then when the MD hit I noticed a similar thing at another store. Copies of Street Fighter, Shining and Thunder Force (and this place hardly ever gets Sega stuff). And since PCE I’ve seen loads and loads of games from the mini (some were expensive ones too) and all kinds of PCE consoles, where before there were none! Seems pretty crazy to me to replace your originals with cheap emulation boxes, but I guess the ease of connection these days is a big selling point to some people!

4 Likes

PSA the Genesis mini is on sale for $50.

1 Like

How odd that the brand is listed as Séga

Lists normally as Sega for me. It’s also Amazon’s Choice for “nes classic edition” lol

Thanks for sharing, I wish I were in Japan right now so I could visit a few hard-offs and build up a nice PC Engine collection to dig into in the evenings. Gomola Speed is the first game I want for the collection

Could be just the UK site.

Yeah, I think so. US site:

1 Like

I present you amazon Germany

Apparently I missed the hostile takeover by atlus?

3 Likes

LOL