FS: Modding Services.

Updating this thread with my most recent work. Full recap of a Genesis model 2 VA1.8 Next up is a triple bypass!

4 Likes

Does og Game Boy look pretty good on this?

1 Like

It sure does, both with palettes and in gray scale.

These shots are of original GB games on my 55” OLED. #1 grid scan lines on.

1 Like

whistles
Nice!

1 Like

Updating this thread with my recent work. Triple bypassed VA1.8 model 2 Genesis.

2 Likes

Damn, a multiplayer port for a Super Gameboy?! That is pretty damn cool. I didn’t know such a mod existed. All your work looks very well done.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! That was a fun one to do. If you’d like one just let me know. Happy to put one together for you.

Updating the thread with my recent Genesis 1 VA6.5 RGB mod and recap.

2 Likes

Awesome work, Dane. I have an n64 I’d like to get modded for the deblur and RGB mod if you do those. Also, would you be willing/able to do an RGB mod to a CRT board by chance if I was able to provide the schematics? From what I’ve seen it requires soldering some resistors to various parts of the control board and making a tap for the RGB/sync signals.

1 Like

Hey, thanks so much! I’d be happy to look into doing those N64 mods for you. I haven’t done it yet but I’m always happy to try new things. I hadn’t done any work on a Nomad before I did the LCD install for GraveyardDuck. TVs are still beyond me right now but I do plan on learning how to do them at some point in the future. Maybe we could talk about that down the road. Shoot me a PM and we’ll get the ball rolling on the N64 stuff. Thanks for hitting me up!

1 Like

Cool a Modder in Maryland, I gotta remember you next time I want a mod done and it’s over my head.

1 Like

Cool, give me a holler if you have something you want done!

1 Like

Hey, I’m not sure if this is something you are interested in assisting with, but I am trying to play Gameboy Advance games on my Gamecube with as high quality of an image as possible and as easily as possible. To do this, I need to get the Gameboy Interface working on the Gamecube. I found a tutorial video nicely explaining how to do the process, but I lack all the required components to do so (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdvY1vx5vMo&t=).

Are you able to sell me a memory card with all of the needed files saved on it to run the GBI? I may also need to run the Swiss program in order to make this happen, but you may know more information about that than I do. I already have a Gamecube, Gameboy Player, and Wind Waker game in order to boot up the GBI with. Thank you.

I’m in the US, Texas

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your interest! I don’t have a way to do this at the moment. I don’t have a pc hooked up that I can use for this since I started working from home. I bet if you ask someone here who’s done it before to do it they could help you out. I’d just make a post about it.

If you want that cube modded with a GC dual let me know though!

FYI - those files are freeware and are available online. The video you linked to is honestly a much harder way to get GBA games to play via Game Boy Interface.

You just need one of these:

https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/SD-Media-Launcher__EF000580V.aspx

That’s it. No softmodding necessary. No hardware modding either.

Just put GBI onto an SD card, put it into your GCN’s memory card slot using that device, and put the disc it comes with into the GCN. Select GBI and that’s it. You don’t even need Swiss.

Keep it simple.

2 Likes

I had @Danexmurder mod my gb pocket with the Kinda Funny ips screen and a sound amplifier, looks and sounds great. Nice work all around!

3 Likes

Hey, thanks so much for the support and the opportunity to work on it for you!

Here is what the Audio amp integration looks like!

After the IPS install I did a recap, bypassed the on-board audio amp to clean up the headphone audio, Replaced the stock speaker, and wired up a PAM 8302A amp.

1 Like

I just made up six of Helder’s NES expansion audio boards. Happy to sell these or install them for folks.

1 Like

@Danexmurder, can you repair a Famicom Disk System that isn’t loading games anymore? I think it probably just needs a good cleaning and maybe a new drive belt. It doesn’t give me loading errors, it just says “loading” perpetually when inserting a game.

It declined slowly over recent weeks which is who I think it’s just a dirty lense. But I definitely am not equipped to open it and figure it out. Or maybe the drive belt is just misaligned. It’s hard to tell

1 Like

I’d be happy to take a look at it. 9 times out of ten it just needs a new belt.