Game Box Protectors Thread

Yeah prices add up if you have a big collection.

I donā€™t feel like I have a big collection but I have noticed boxes (thinking ps2, xbox, gc, wii, psp, etc) starting to wear from slow rubbing together while I move around the containers I keep them in. Iā€™ve been meaning to address that for a while so Iā€™m not complaining; just a more mater of fact statement.

Gotta wrap em up!

Slowly getting them wrapped up, much more to go. Overall Iā€™m impressed by the packaging and containers.

Wow that is quite some haul lol!

Yeah, probably should have taken some small bites before buying for 90%+ of my whole collection. Oh well, I have been thinking of doing this for a while so this thread gave me the final push to get it done! Oh, forgot to mention these are from retroprotection.com (linked in the OP as well).

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Those are really reasonably priced tbh. I wish the SNES ones were a better fit for the Super Famicom carts since Iā€™m loaded with those now. I am definitely going to order because itā€™ll make it possible to label everything on the top and make things easier to find on the shelf!

Damn, well done. I need to bite the bullet and buy the $25 one for my NES deluxe box. I havenā€™t thought about doing cases like PS2/3/4. I guess they can get some wear, too.

A little disappointed the NES cart protectors donā€™t fit over the NES sleeves. I guess I can understand why they would be sized that way (carts are usually sold without them) but somewhat disappointed anyway.

SNES games fit with the dust cap on the bottom but the protectors donā€™t close all the way. You have to kind of force them in too which probably stretches the plastic some. SFC carts fit a little loosely on the sides since they arenā€™t the same size as SNES. Their website SFC link goes to SNES so FYI if youā€™re looking for SFC specific cart protectors. (retroprotection btw).

Got some more N64 protectors for small box Fami, and these were far better!

Here is the listing:

The other ones were better than nothing and seemed good but not great. But these are not tight at all, theyā€™re just a tiny bit bigger and work a lot better!

Iā€™ll post some pics a bit later.

1 Like

I have a few box protectors but wish I had enough coin to do my whole collection, it makes games look like theyā€™re in way better condition and the colours really seem to pop!

Itā€™s like when you laminate something lol