HEY! C'MON C'MON: It's the Giga Powered Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

do it.

Waitā€¦ youā€™re getting a full 4 slot big-red NEO GEO MVS cabinet!?

Could be. Iā€™m not that interested in the 4slot since Iā€™ll grab a neoSD but the price is right!

I saw that post @Socksfelloff earlier ā€“ gratz on the score!

Some dude in Ontario has a brunch of carts for sale as well between $75-100 if my memory serves me right. Not a great price, but ā€œlocalā€ at least. Something to get you startedā€¦

Iā€™m going to grab the 2 mv1 boards from him as well. Do you have any interest in them?

He says he will throw a ā€œyellow multicartā€ in with the cab so Iā€™m ok there. I plan on grabbing a neoSD if I do end up grabbing it.

$75 cad for both or $75 each?

I appreciate the heads-up, but I have a modded MV1C right now. That price isnā€™t bad thoughā€“especially considering it included an UNIBIOS.

I picked up a RGB-modded 27" Sony Trinitron CRT today (traded an SNES Classic Mini for it.) Kijiji has been fire these days! Haha

Sounds like a great sized tv. Does it do component and 480p?

75 for both! One mv1fz seems to go for that on eBay without a unibios

Cool! Iā€™m going to grab both because 75 is a great deal and Iā€™m a hoarder lol.

What model Trinitron? If itā€™s a fv300 or fv310 you got a great set. The fs100 and fs120 are the most common and are ā€œmehā€

It would have component but it wonā€™t do 480p. The only Trinis that did 480p were the garbage hd crts that upscaled everything to 1080i and added post processing to everything.

Wow! Thatā€™s superb. If you decide to part with one of those, Iā€™m definitely interested. Lmk what happens. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m going to consolize the one but Iā€™m not sure about the other. Maybe Iā€™ll consolize that too and flip it as it seems there is a massive markup on those!

Sounds like a good plan!

Got em!

We couldnā€™t agree on a price for the big red so I just grabbed the 1 slots

1 Like

I wonder if the Switch eShop version of Neo Turf Masters is a faithful port of the original?

I have no means to own a supergun at this point so thereā€™s no playing it on a CRT/PVM as it should beā€¦ so I have only played it on MAME. But I love golf games, and especially my dad does too, so I thought it would be something we could play together when he visits.

I have it on switch and it plays fantastic. I canā€™t comment on how it performs compared to the original though.

Neo Turf Masters is a fantastic game on original hardware. Thereā€™s no slowdown or input lag if thatā€™s what youā€™re wondering. I havenā€™t played it on Switch to compare if that version holds up faithfully though.

I also have it and it is stellar on Switch. Itā€™s a great handheld game it looks really really good on the Switch screen. I keep scanlines turned off. It has a somewhat soft but not blurry look. Pretty close to a CRT look. Doesnā€™t look quite the same on my TV but I would not say it looks bad.

But again, it plays great. And I love being able to take it somewhere and break out the Joy Cons for 2P action. Everyone can plan those kinds of golf games.

I need to buy more of these NG gamesā€¦

Well, I own the cart so I suppose I could get it on Switch sometime soon and check it out and report back. Iā€™ll let you guys know when I do. I mean, so far, every Geo game Iā€™ve gotten on Switch has felt like the original. Last Resort is pretty dead on as far as I can tell, but I donā€™t currently own any version of that to compare though I have in the past.

I donā€™t think a golf game is really going to suffer from emulation inaccuracies anyways