Nintendo Direct 9-23-2021 3PM PT

That seems a little harsh. I think sometimes projects like this one are taken on to fund other more important or interesting projects for them. They’re definitely growing to meet the demand for compilations like this one but also producing a lot of stuff that otherwise would never see the light of day like the upcoming Tiger-Heli package.

It’s kind of like Platinum Games. If you want your studio to stick around, you have to hire and get young folks involved in the work too so Kamiya can’t Produce/Direct everything.

Like I said above, Konami might’ve said, “Can you produce this for the one-hundred yen piece we found in the sofa?” and they like to see these games get re-released so said yes.

1 Like

Still you shouldn’t expect anything from M2 to just by default be good anymore.

That was true 10 years ago.

will-ferrell-crying

I was about to buy a USB Mega Drive controller, will probably wait until these are out now and pick up all the controllers Nintendo have done so far.

I think you’re correct about M2 @poptart. They have too much work and have spread themselves too thinly. Or it could be nobody is paying them enough.

Their (mostly good) 3DS conversions were released back in 2013. Nothing more recent of note comes to mind.

I wonder how number of game releases over time would look on a chart?

List https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/m2-co-ltd/so,1d/list-games/

Trend line

The Darius collections and all the ShotTriggers releases have been fantastic. Virtua Racing was a real standout from the Switch Sega AGES line up too.

1 Like

Battle Garegga and ESP RA.DE. were very good

1 Like

Thanks both, I’ve not played any of those but I take your words that they’re good.

As for the Direct: Kirby “Odyssey” looks fab. Very excited about that. Will be my first Kirby game! Yes indeed.

1 Like